A Career In Trans/Automotive Design

Good morning everyone!

My name is Drew... I'm currently serving in the armed forces. I have been lurking on the site for awhile without an active account, that is until now so hello!

I need some advice, opinion, inside info, whatever you may have to offer.

My enlistment is ending fairly soon and I'm finishing up my BAS in Organizational Leadership BUT I plan on attending College for Creative Studies in Detroit to obtain another degree in Transportation Design. I also would like to enroll in the Professional Automotive Modeling Certificate Program during my tenure at CCS, with hopes that maybe I'll find a career in Clay Modeling.

However I am concerned about not having a stable career in the automotive world. I do not know anyone who works in that field outside of factory workers so I have no idea what to expect.

Are there any CCS grads here? Any of you work in or near the field of transportation design?
Where do you see automotive design and clay modeling moving in the near future? Is a career in that industry volatile? How's the job market, pay, work environment, etc?

As I said before I know nothing about that world so any information would be useful. I appreciate your time!

• Like 1

hi Drew,

tho he didn't try for the artistic/design side of the business, for a look at difficulties you might encounter,

maybe get in touch with Nick, head of AutoVerdict/forum for general advice.

&OR maybe start networking auto-design guys on facebook - more pros online than I'd have thought.

icon_thumbs1.gif