Custom Search

Coming Up Next:
Lincoln Aviator

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fewer Choices for Next Gen Escape?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 26,337 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Ti (Ruby Red)

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:12 PM

A winter package should be available as an option on every model sold in a cold climate, even the lowest 'S' trim level.  People who would never consider a 'Platinum' would certainly pay $500-600 for a solid winter package in areas where it gets cold. 

Why should a "top trim" sold in Miami FL or Tucson AZ get a winter package at all?   If it is less costly at time of build to just include it with 'Platinum' than to delete, then I certainly get that! But that does not excuse full winter options are not being available on lower models.  Note to Ford - sell more cars to the ladies of the North and the Mtn. West who can't afford a 'Platinum' or 'Titanium' by offering them a solid winter package as a reasonably priced option.  Guys like it too - but it is more of a deal breaker with the ladies.

I know it will be what it will be - they will put them together in the most efficient way possible, but they better keep an eye on what competition is doing if they want that share of the market.  I am pretty sure that Subaru and other Asian makes offer heated cloth seats.  Leather is prone to cracks in the extreme cold when it gets a bit of wear, so rugged cloth is the material of choice for many outdoor enthusiasts. 

I agree the winter package should be available on all trims.

Ford does offer cloth heated seats.   In Canada.

2013 Fusion Titanium (Ruby Red)
2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve (Luxe/Cappucino)

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   fordmantpw

fordmantpw

akirby's stunt double

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,523 posts
  • Joined 30-January 06
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:2017 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 PowerStroke Diesel

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:58 PM

A winter package should be available as an option on every model sold in a cold climate, even the lowest 'S' trim level.  People who would never consider a 'Platinum' would certainly pay $500-600 for a solid winter package in areas where it gets cold. 

Why should a "top trim" sold in Miami FL or Tucson AZ get a winter package at all?   If it is less costly at time of build to just include it with 'Platinum' than to delete, then I certainly get that! But that does not excuse full winter options are not being available on lower models.  Note to Ford - sell more cars to the ladies of the North and the Mtn. West who can't afford a 'Platinum' or 'Titanium' by offering them a solid winter package as a reasonably priced option.  Guys like it too - but it is more of a deal breaker with the ladies.

I know it will be what it will be - they will put them together in the most efficient way possible, but they better keep an eye on what competition is doing if they want that share of the market.  I am pretty sure that Subaru and other Asian makes offer heated cloth seats.  Leather is prone to cracks in the extreme cold when it gets a bit of wear, so rugged cloth is the material of choice for many outdoor enthusiasts. 

Ford is starting to offer heated cloth seats as well.  It's not just leather any more.

photo-thumb-15254.jpg

Future Vehicles
2020 Ford Explorer/Lincoln Aviator

Current Vehicles
'17 F350 Super Duty Crew Cab, Lariat, 4x4, 6.7L Diesel

'10 Mercury Milan

'09 Ford Flex Limited (wife's)

Past Vehicles
'08 F250 Super Duty Crew Cab, Lariat, 4x4, 6.4L Diesel
'05 Ford F150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 5.4 - sold @53k, not a single problem
'03 Ford Escape XLT
(wife's) Traded at 75k for '09 Flex
'99 Ford F150 XLT Regular Cab 4x4 5.4 - Sold @136k, then totaled by the new owner on the way to its new home :(
'96 Chevrolet Cavalier (wife's - she brought it into the marriage)
'86 Ford Bronco II XLT 4x4 5 Speed 2.9L - what a dog, and it cracked heads like no tomorrow. 150k+ on 4 engines

#23 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 26,337 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:06 PM

Ford is starting to offer heated cloth seats as well.  It's not just leather any more.

You're right.  I just double-checked and you can get heated front seats on the F150 XLT w/302A package - cloth.  

Also - surprisingly - Fusion SE with cold weather package.

I don't know when that changed - it used to be leather only for the states while Canada got cloth heated seats on everything.

#24 ONLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,068 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Focus, 2015 Focus

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:15 PM

You're right.  I just double-checked and you can get heated front seats on the F150 XLT w/302A package - cloth.  

Also - surprisingly - Fusion SE with cold weather package.

I don't know when that changed - it used to be leather only for the states while Canada got cloth heated seats on everything.

It changed with the refresh. Same with Escape.

What? What happened?

#25 ONLINE   fordtech1

fordtech1

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Ford Fusion SEL, 2007 Volvo C70, 2006 Mercury Mariner Hybrid, 2005 Ford Focus

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:55 PM

I havent recently check all the current order configurations like you guys. But I bought a 2015 Escape Titanium AWD with every option minus the BAMR new in 2015. Sometimes I wish I had it but it put the cost over what I wanted to spend. The sticker was $35k at that.

Now I see the adaptive cruise on the 17+. I wish I had that.

#26 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 26,337 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:59 PM

I havent recently check all the current order configurations like you guys. But I bought a 2015 Escape Titanium AWD with every option minus the BAMR new in 2015. Sometimes I wish I had it but it put the cost over what I wanted to spend. The sticker was $35k at that.

Now I see the adaptive cruise on the 17+. I wish I had that.

I have adaptive cruise on my Fusion and it works great.  Although sometimes I get behind a slightly slower car and don't realize that it slowed down.

We went without it on the MKX because we couldn't find anything in stock that we wanted that had it and didn't want to wait to order.   We don't miss it though.   Nice to have, not a deal breaker.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·