2018 Infiniti QX80 Refresh Revealed

rmc523

It's not toooooo bad. It's a nice refresh over the current model.

Does it have an 8.0L engine? Wasn't the previous version the QX56? I thought the numbers signified the engine size? I guess not anymore, huh?

EDIT: Just checked their website and I'm not even close. I guess they've changed all that or I just wasn't close. I've never really followed Infiniti much...

Edited by fordmantpw

It's not toooooo bad. It's a nice refresh over the current model.

Does it have an 8.0L engine? Wasn't the previous version the QX56? I thought the numbers signified the engine size? I guess not anymore, huh?

EDIT: Just checked their website and I'm not even close. I guess they've changed all that or I just wasn't close. I've never really followed Infiniti much...

Yeah, they changed their naming scheme a few years ago:

EX35 became QX50

JX35 became QX60

FX35/50 became QX70 (I never understood why the larger JX became the lower number than the FX)

QX56 became QX80

That's even worse than Lincoln's scheme.

I think the reasoning with the FX/JX was because of price, but everything else increases with size.

I forgot to add the QX30 (rebadged Mercedes GLA) at the bottom of the list.

All the sedans became Q#

So G35 became Q50

G35 coupe became Q60

M35/50 became Q70

It's definitely an improvement over the previous generation.

This Infiniti and the Cadillac Escalade evoke the spirit of the big, brash Cadillacs and Buicks of the late 1950s. They aren't beautiful, but owners don't care. The primary goal of the owner is to be noticed.

My wife wouldn't appreciate your negative comments about her SUV?

I get it, it's polarizing. You either love it or hate it, but she didn't want to join everyone else with the GM triplets in our neighborhood. We needed a bigger vehicle so that was it.

It's a nice vehicle, the ride, seats, power, are all good, but there are some hard plastics, bad cargo room with the rear seat up, and the engine is noisy. Additionally, the tech is not as user friendly as Sync,and some of the ergonomics of the center stack are suspect.

It's going to have to do for a year or so until I can talk my wife into a Expy or Nav.

Nissan says that Infiniti QX80 has the youngest buyers in its class. Also, it has a much higher percentage of female buyers compared to other full size luxury SUVs. http://infinitinews.com/en-US/infiniti/usa/releases/infiniti-qx80-a-distinctive-powerful-full-size-suv-to-travel-everywhere-in-luxury

High quality Japanese design and manufacture is an advantage for QX80, but this latest refresh doesn't hide the fact that it's still the same Y62 Nissan Patrol based vehicle that debuted in 2010. Nissan has been lazy with product redesigns and refreshes in the past few years.