2019 Focus spied with just vinyl cover

While I love listening to podcasts through my phone/aux Jack setup on my 2008 Milan and 2016 Escape...I also listen to tons of audiobooks, and listening to those on CD/MP3 CD is still MUCH easier than over my phone, etc. the Escape will probably be replaced with an EcoSport, Escape or Short C CUV when the lease is up. If the option of a CD player is there, I will certainly get it.

I will say that the existing Focus (at least the ones without touchscreens) have one of the most unobtrusive CD slots. I totally forget it is even there (and no, I've never used it).

2012-Ford-Focus-dash-interior-view.jpg

That's far better than this atrocity:

cq5dam.web.768.768.jpeg

80s on 8!

We also like 90s on 9

Those are good ones. I often have BPM (51) or Chill (51) on. And perhaps showing how my preferences don't line up to my age group, I also have Watercolors (66) on my presets.

Looks like the old one..no longer built here so i dont care...ford screwed the pooch on the foci..could have been a terrific car...if you do not want a truck it seems ford does not care if you shop elsewhere

Ford still sold10,000 Focus last month - even with the dodgy Powershift transmission so with a bit of effort on more rear leg room

an all new power train and interior it should continue to do well without too much financial impact on North America

Edited by jpd80

Ford still sold10,000 Focus last month - even with the dodgy Powershift transmission so with a bit of effort on more rear leg room

an all new power train and interior it should continue to do well without too much financial impact on North America

I would argue they don't even need to replace the engine in it. That thing is a brick shithouse.

I would argue they don't even need to replace the engine in it. That thing is a brick shithouse.

Sure but since the next Focus is coming form China it will most likely have Dragon EB 1.5

what remains to be seen is whether they use the JV 8/9-speed auto or a wet clutch 7-speed Powershift..

Since doing an almost one after the other drive 2.0 DI P/S versus the ROW 1.5 EB with 6F auto, I'm a convert.

180 HP /180 lb ft wins hands down as does the 6-speed MT that's also available.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

Since my free 6 months of Sirius/XM expired, it's mostly just FM. Actually, the radio is usually just off because I appreciate the quiet when the kids are watching their movies on their tablets. :)

I'm glad you added that last sentence, or I might've been forced to turn you in for child abuse. FM? Really? That's just...horrific...

• Like 1

As long as they don't use anything remotely close to the Powershift name

That name is so badly damaged that never using it again would be too soon

The market is not that harsh because Ford still manages to sell 10,000 Focus last month with the god awful PS

So all Ford has to do is front with a better Focus with reliable power train and much will be forgiven.

but they could have gotten a head start on that by switching to a proper auto two years ago.

• Like 1

Our dealership is stocking as many Focus SE 4-Door Sedans equipped with the 1.0L EcoBoost/Automatic as Ford will allow due to commodity issues forcing us to take other models (5-Door, SEL, Titanium) with the PowerShift Automatic Transmission. As a result, we've actually increased our Focus sales but at the same time we're not going to stockpile the Focus inventory that Ford wants us to.

As for the CD/Sirius discussion... Besides managing the dealership's new vehicle inventory, I've run our in-house advertising agency for over 30 years and handle a lot of media buys. We were probably one of the largest automotive radio buyers in the state for years but the media mix has changed with the times with few media buys on radio anymore as TV and online video has become the priority.

Driving a Mustang GT around town I often want to just hear the car itself and when I do use the radio, etc. it's to listen to either original recordings from my former years in the entertainment business or Sirius (Sinatra, Broadway, 70's, 80's, etc.) but rarely if ever anything on AM or FM. If I want news I listen to Fox News Channel exclusively. As for the CD player, I can't remember the last time I've used it.