2019 Focus spied with just vinyl cover

I thought Europe and ROW used the wet clutch version which doesn't have the same issues.

Only diesels, we had the 2.0 DI gasoline engine and dry clutch DCT until replaced by 1.5 EB and 6F auto.

In the earlier days (2012), Europe never had an auto option on gasoline Focus, just the 1.6 EB and 6MT,

diesels were far more popular there and they had the wet clutch powershift and MTs.

Edited by jpd80

Neither does making a huge investment. It all boils down to ROI. Also don't forget Focus is a world car not just North America. And I'm still not convinced they're showing the real new body without more camo.

That is a fine line for sure but if they are stretching the wheelbase that means they are changing the bodywork-they need to push themselves more in this segment-my opinion. A lot of these buyers are first time and want something original and this hardly looks new. The new Civic is the benchmark for this class and also sold globally.....just wish they would take more chances.

The other perspective is this car is more vital in China and maybe they prefer more conservative styling and then I'm wrong:)

That is a fine line for sure but if they are stretching the wheelbase that means they are changing the bodywork-they need to push themselves more in this segment-my opinion. A lot of these buyers are first time and want something original and this hardly looks new. The new Civic is the benchmark for this class and also sold globally.....just wish they would take more chances.

The other perspective is this car is more vital in China and maybe they prefer more conservative styling and then I'm wrong:)

This is not just about North America, the new Focus is answering much of what Europe and ROW buyers are seeking.

and the whole point in going "up market" is actually to include a "Vignale" version for Europe and maybe Platinum for USA.

A Vignale Focus could also also opens the door for a Chinese based Lincoln Compact car, especially if it's a hybrid.

Edited by jpd80

Really a CD Player?!?!? Why.....

There was an article in this weeks Automotive News talking about changing interiors and what will be them a few years from now, etc. The CD player was mentioned and basically what it said is 50% of the people want to know that it is there, though something like 5% will ever use it. Plus by the time they simplify the order bank the cost of keeping it is easily justified-at least for now.

There was an article in this weeks Automotive News talking about changing interiors and what will be them a few years from now, etc. The CD player was mentioned and basically what it said is 50% of the people want to know that it is there, though something like 5% will ever use it. Plus by the time they simplify the order bank the cost of keeping it is easily justified-at least for now.

It wouldn't bother me if they dropped the CD player. I'd notice it wasn't there, but I've never used mine, so I wouldn't miss it. At least that would avoid massive bulges on the dash to accommodate it like in the Escape.

• Like 1

Yeah, we've seen the interior:

2019-ford-focus-interior-spied-in-detail

Wonder what the deal is with the anti-auto focusing tape on the door panel...looks wierd

I'm assuming we are going to see this dash setup on all Compact and Subcompact products from Ford. The EcoSport has it, the Fiesta has it and the Focus will have it also. I wonder if the Escape will too.

It wouldn't bother me if they dropped the CD player. I'd notice it wasn't there, but I've never used mine, so I wouldn't miss it. At least that would avoid massive bulges on the dash to accommodate it like in the Escape.

I've never used the CD player in my F-150 (I don't even know if it works), but my mom uses the CD player in her new Flex. Its presence or absence wouldn't make a difference in the design of the center stack, and it's a cheap enough add, so there's no rush to drop it.

I saw that was very interesting, there was another one as well that they cost the OEM about $35 per unit to install. That $35 can be spent elsewhere. When you get into a Vehicle A and it has a nice dashboard and door panels, then get into a second vehicle and it has lower quality materials but a CD most people will look and say I really don't need that CD player look at this interior.

It could also just be included for markets where they might still want CD's. I mean the EcoSport doesn't offer one and it is optional on the Navigator. Or Just make an external one that plugs into the USB, and the controls popup on the screen. The Sync3 system might actually already do that.

I have an Eagles CD in the MKX to test the Revel audio system. I think I’ve listened to one or two songs 3 or 4 times in almost 2 years. All my other CDs are in a box in storage. We both have our music on USB sticks and occasionally I’ll use my phone for new music I haven’t put on the usb stick yet. Mostly we listen to Sirius 70s and 80s.

• Like 1