Q&A With New Ford Performance Motorsports Director Mark Rushbrook

IMSA-XJR9

You're right, not much to see.

I would be interested to hear Rushbrook's thoughts on the future of Mustang in NASCAR at the Cup level as well as what their plans are for Tasca now that they have announced they will be helping him in NHRA Funny Car.

Do they plan to follow GM's lead and replace Fusion with Mustang in NASCAR? Personally, I doubt that will happen anytime soon. GM had to do something since the SS is out of production and they chose the Camaro instead of another sedan.

On the NHRA side, are they planning to run the BOSS 500 engine again in FC or will they punt and run an aftermarket Hemi like everyone else?

Do they plan to follow GM's lead and replace Fusion with Mustang in NASCAR? Personally, I doubt that will happen anytime soon. GM had to do something since the SS is out of production and they chose the Camaro instead of another sedan.

it makes me wonder why they didn't go back to the Impala. I wonder if it's a sign of the future of the Impala, meaning I wonder if it's not going to be around much longer.