C-Max Hybrid/Energi Dead

"The Blue Oval has a new electrified compact offering that will encompass an entire vehicle lineup, perhaps called Model E and arriving in 2019 or 2020." I've seen the discussion of Model E. And the recent article about the seperate Electric effort in China. But wasn't aware 2019 or 2020 would be when we see a new electric option in the U.S. Wonder what it will be. And wasn't there a story about an Electric Mustang coming one day?

"The Blue Oval has a new electrified compact offering that will encompass an entire vehicle lineup, perhaps called Model E and arriving in 2019 or 2020." I've seen the discussion of Model E. And the recent article about the seperate Electric effort in China. But wasn't aware 2019 or 2020 would be when we see a new electric option in the U.S. Wonder what it will be. And wasn't there a story about an Electric Mustang coming one day?

Ford already announced a hybrid Mustang last year.

Absolutely love my 2015 C-Max... was fun at an Alberta registry office trying to register the thing. Kept on coming up as a 4-door Mustang when they entered the vin...lol I kept point out of the window saying it's that small red hatchback over there. Does it look like a Mustang? The only negative I have is there is no spare tire. Where the spare would be is the high voltage battery. Had to get the car towed to the dealer because I had a flat tire that had a hole in it too big to hold air in it long enough to drive to a tire shop. Other than that, double the fuel efficiency my 2008 Fusion had. I'm happy. Hopefully there will be something similar when it comes time to replace my car.

• Like 2

And that's the big flaw with continuing C1 and even CD4 as they stand, there' no real provision for hybrid battery

that doesn't eat into trunk /cargo space. So while the novelty of hybrids was enough 5 or 10 years ago,

much more is expected of them today in terms of replacing their dedicated ICE counterparts.

Absolutely love my 2015 C-Max... was fun at an Alberta registry office trying to register the thing. Kept on coming up as a 4-door Mustang when they entered the vin...lol I kept point out of the window saying it's that small red hatchback over there. Does it look like a Mustang? The only negative I have is there is no spare tire. Where the spare would be is the high voltage battery. Had to get the car towed to the dealer because I had a flat tire that had a hole in it too big to hold air in it long enough to drive to a tire shop. Other than that, double the fuel efficiency my 2008 Fusion had. I'm happy. Hopefully there will be something similar when it comes time to replace my car.

I just love my new C Max also. The roominess and great gas mileage. Also the performance especially ,when entering freeways...unlike a Prius slug...that car is dangerously slow.

Edited by bdegrand

Man,lots of true believers are gonna be pissed if Model E is just another Bolt copy,

I think that under Hackett, Ford is clueless and just spending money to desperately catch up to where GM is now...

I think that was the last 6 months when Fields was there. At least from some people I've talked to there seems to be some positive changes happening.

Echoing what other owners have posted here, I'm entering year 5 of my ownership of a C-Max Energi, and it's been (and continues to be) one of my favorite cars. I wish it had more electric range, and I wish the chassis were designed from the beginning for the HVB, as it takes up too much space in the former luggage area. It's a great car and I would buy another one if the timing were right.

• Like 1

Echoing what other owners have posted here, I'm entering year 5 of my ownership of a C-Max Energi, and it's been (and continues to be) one of my favorite cars. I wish it had more electric range, and I wish the chassis were designed from the beginning for the HVB, as it takes up too much space in the former luggage area. It's a great car and I would buy another one if the timing were right.

Had Ford been able to put the Battery pack under the floor, they would have created an amazing vehicle.

Unfortunately, that was an inbuilt limitation of C1 platform dating bac to 2003 in Europe. (Sorry, repeating myself)

Edited by jpd80