new 2018 orders

Macmac350

Your dealer can extend incentives if they expire before your vehicle arrives. Who knows, the new one may be even better.

No they can’t. They can sometimes lock in incentives at the time of order where you get the choice but they can’t extend the current incentives.

The dealer is going to take my trade Saturday so I can get the 2017 model year value for it rather than the 2018 which it will loose $1000 or so of value even though the truck is only a day older. Plus we are going to sign all the paperwork to lock in the incentives. Right now they only have $1000 costumer cash but I have an “X” plan deal that gets me an extra $500 plus a $500 gift card thru BJ’s so I will end up about $800 below invoice. With my luck the January incentive will be better.

The dealer is going to take my trade Saturday so I can get the 2017 model year value for it rather than the 2018 which it will loose $1000 or so of value even though the truck is only a day older. Plus we are going to sign all the paperwork to lock in the incentives. Right now they only have $1000 costumer cash but I have an X plan deal that gets me an extra $500 plus a $500 gift card thru BJs so I will end up about $800 below invoice. With my luck the January incentive will be better.

Nice, I got my drw 18 limited f350 for $80,300 Msrp was about $87k and some change

I thought locking them in was basically extending it until delivery?

Semantics. In order to lock in the incentives at time of order the dealer must request it specifically - I think it’s called the incentive protection program. Canada has had it for years but it was only available to certain dealers in the states.

If they do that then you get the choice of what was there at order time or what is there at delivery time - one or the other. You can’t mix and match.

If the dealer didn’t lock them in at order time, they cannot “extend” the current incentives if the vehicle delivery is delayed.

The dealer told me when I ordered that the “X” plan locks in your price so it can’t go up if there is a pricing change but he couldn’t lock in incentives. Your incentives are what is available at delivery for better or worse. My “X” plan pin is good for a year but the incentives attached to it expire on Tuesday.

COTUS updated this morning with a delivery date of January 1st so it may all be a moot point, for me at least. Assuming you can trust COTUS.

Congrats on the new truck! Mine is in a railyard 1 hour from me but because of the blizzard today here in SE Va. the haulers can’t make it to the dealer.

Hope you get it soon. My 2018 F150 left the plant in Dearborn on December 13th and was supposed to be delivered on December 28th and still haven’t seen it yet.

I ordered 2018 F-450 Nov 4th I have the VIN and unable to see anything in COTUS or ETIS does anybody know if these sites don't work for the 450's. I have the window sticker and all looks good just trying to figure out what the ETA could be along with the build date. VIN - 1FT8W4DT4JEB48069

I ordered 2018 F-450 Nov 4th I have the VIN and unable to see anything in COTUS or ETIS does anybody know if these sites don't work for the 450's. I have the window sticker and all looks good just trying to figure out what the ETA could be along with the build date. VIN - 1FT8W4DT4JEB48069

right now it says eta 23 to the 29th. It says build day is 8th but doesnt say built or released to delivery people yet.

It hasn't been built yet, the build info was sent to the plant for production on Jan 2. Nothing new since.

• 2 weeks later...