2018 Expedition Reviews

All the MB does is highlight the product gap that exists below the new Expedition and Navigator,

Ford needs to re-position its Explorer / Aviator as a slightly longer vehicle to catch more buyers

that are attracted by the size and performance of the MB SUV.

At the absolute minimum, Ford should be looking at an Explorer/Aviator on D4's longer 117.9" wheelbase

but hopefully all the intel on CD6 is true and we get a RWD /AWD SUV that fits the bill perfectly...:)

Edited by jpd80

All the MB does is highlight the product gap that exists below the new Expedition and Navigator,

Ford needs to re-position its Explorer / Aviator as a slightly longer vehicle to catch more buyers

that are attracted by the size and performance of the MB SUV.

At the absolute minimum, Ford should be looking at an Explorer/Aviator on D4's longer 117.9" wheelbase

but hopefully all the intel on CD6 is true and we get a RWD /AWD SUV that fits the bill perfectly... :)

Somehow I think Ford thinks they've squeezed all they can out of D3/4 and would be reluctant to use it for another new model.

• Like 1

Somehow I think Ford thinks they've squeezed all they can out of D3/4 and would be reluctant to use it for another new model.

Let's hope so! Haha that thing has been around long enough lol.

He was just using it as a size reference, not implying that they'd continue using D4.

As jpd has also mentioned on other forums, there's now a significant price gap between MKX and Navigator and also a lesser - but still sizable - gap between Edge and Expedition, which means Explorer will likely grow some physically and in price.

Edited by rmc523

I had read and enjoyed C&D for many years (more than I would like to count) but it seemed like the writers had gotten more biased and were just bloviating toward their desired conclusion or maybe they just got lazy. Not only have I stopped reading the magazine, I don't even check their website any longer. Waste of time for me.

I quit reading when their negative for an Explorer was its acceleration while it had the quickest acceleration numbers across the board of the entire test. That's been over 20 years ago.

• Like 1