Why is it taking so long for the Bronco to come out?

The new JL Wrangler just revealed at the LA Auto show is GREAT! There are going to be lots of guys tired of waiting for the new Bronco who won't be able to resist the JL. Just taking to long and Jeep has stolen the thunder once again.

I don't see that being an issue. People who want a Jeep, will get a Jeep. I doubt there is many people out there that even are thinking that way.

I don't see that being an issue. People who want a Jeep, will get a Jeep. I doubt there is many people out there that even are thinking that way.

I agree on the Jeep people. The point is that Ford and Bronco lovers waiting so long for the new Bronco might go the new JL way instead.

Here is why it taking so long to come out....we've been talking about it since 2010!

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/40334-ford-oz-engineers-to-develop-new-suv-off-t6/

Sigh....and only got true confirmation of it 18 months ago or so...

That was my post confirming the start of T6 Everest.

The Everest already existed in Asia but was on an older Mazda based platform shared with the previous generation Courier-Ranger.

That was my post confirming the start of T6 Everest.

The Everest already existed in Asia but was on an older Mazda based platform shared with the previous generation Courier-Ranger.

Right that’s my point..the Bronco rebirth has been bounced around ever since the concept came out.

Only since the Ranger was rumored to come to the US has the rumors got stronger and confirmed finally

It’s def not a bolt out of the blue situation like the new GT, which was only rumored like a month or two before it was shown off.

It's a problem when the product is talked about for so long, like the long lead to GEN V Camaro.

The risk is that people get set in their expectation and anything to the contrary wrecks that visualization.

Yeah, but that worked out well for Chebbie--the Camaro was six months backordered for something like the first year, and it spent quite some time outselling the Mustang.

Yeah, but that worked out well for Chebbie--the Camaro was six months backordered for something like the first year, and it spent quite some time outselling the Mustang.

I'm simply talking about the chatter before released, "If a Bronco doesn't have.......then I'm not interested."

and "Are we there yet, are we there yet...". I'm pretty sure that Ford knows what buyers expect with the

Bronco name.

Edited by jpd80

I'm simply talking about the chatter before released, "If a Bronco doesn't have.......then I'm not interested."

and "Are we there yet, are we there yet...". I'm pretty sure that Ford knows what buyers expect with the

Bronco name.

Let's hope they get it right! When you are this late to the big party - you had better make a jaw-dropping entrance!