GM to offer 5k incentive for Escalade to combat new Navigator

fuzzymoomoo

GM is downright terrified of the new Navigator and Expedition. If they are smart the next Tahoe and Escalade will show up on the Autoshow Circuit this year even if they are 18+ months away just to delay defects to Ford. GM is going to lose sales with the Expedition and Navigator back in the market. If Ford can get just 10,000 people to switch at 10,000 profit that is 100 million dollars in profit. Ford is going after a huge GM profit center with a product that crushes GM's entries in almost every way.

Edited by jasonj80

GM is downright terrified of the new Navigator and Expedition. If they are smart the next Tahoe and Escalade will show up on the Autoshow Circuit this year even if they are 18+ months away just to delay defects to Ford. GM is going to lose sales with the Expedition and Navigator back in the market. If Ford can get just 10,000 people to switch at 10,000 profit that is 100 million dollars in profit. Ford is going after a huge GM profit center with a product that crushes GM's entries in almost every way.

Yep all the GM SUV buyers will stop and turn around and start buying Fords, GM will go bankrupt the 2nd coming commences....

Competition is good but just like the trucks it's whatever poison you pick. Unless the GM SUV factory gets nuked, we'll see what the new SUVs do.

• Like 1

Yep all the GM SUV buyers will stop and turn around and start buying Fords, GM will go bankrupt the 2nd coming commences....

Competition is good but just like the trucks it's whatever poison you pick. Unless the GM SUV factory gets nuked, we'll see what the new SUVs do.

10,000 sales would be less than 5% of GM full size SUV sales of the YTD, it is a small amount with how many GM sells. They are just extremely profitable sales.

I dont believe that is what he suggested. But if you dont think GM is concerned about the new Ford utes I think you are mistaken. That certainly doesnt imply GM will roll over.

I dont believe that is what he suggested. But if you dont think GM is concerned about the new Ford utes I think you are mistaken. That certainly doesnt imply GM will roll over.

Nah, I never implied GM wasn't concerned, just GM won't sit still with thier trucks/ SUVs.

• Like 1

GM hasn't faced much real competition until now. Ford didn't even make a XL version until a few years ago. Now they've surpassed GM in style, features and performance and that will surely be reflected in market share unless GM continues to throw gobs of cash on the hood. I don't see GM fixing the rear suspension or adding trailer backup assist anytime soon.

GM hasn't faced much real competition until now. Ford didn't even make a XL version until a few years ago. Now they've surpassed GM in style, features and performance and that will surely be reflected in market share unless GM continues to throw gobs of cash on the hood. I don't see GM fixing the rear suspension or adding trailer backup assist anytime soon.

The EL/L versions have been around since 2007.

The EL/L versions have been around since 2007.

Yes, but they were cursed with a profile and rear treatment that looked like the circa-2003 model they replaced. The style, while conservatively handsome, was dated from day one. The fact that they've carried on for 10 years with only a modest update (for only 2 years!) show their lack of commitment to the segment. Thankfully that's changing, and I expect the market to react. Edited by PREMiERdrum

Yes, but they were cursed with a profile and rear treatment that looked like the circa-2003 model they replaced. The style, while conservatively handsome, was dated from day one. The fact that they've carried on for 10 years with only a modest update (for only 2 years!) show their lack of commitment to the segment. Thankfully that's changing, and I expect the market to react.

Oh, I wasn't arguing that Ford did a great job, the "all new" 2007s looked like refreshes since they used the same body panels. I was just pointing out that the EL/L models have been out for 10 years now.

----

Here's a comparison chart Autoblog posted:

Lincoln+Navigator+spreadsheet.jpg

Nah, I never implied GM wasn't concerned, just GM won't sit still with thier trucks/ SUVs.

Yes sir. GM's full size traditional SUVs made in Arlington, Texas have about 75% of that market segment. They take their leadership seriously and will make sure these vehicles remain competitive.

Yes sir. GM's full size traditional SUVs made in Arlington, Texas have about 75% of that market segment. They take their leadership seriously and will make sure these vehicles remain competitive.

What is your opinion of the new Ford utilities? Do you think they are competitive with the GM triplets? Do you think they exceed the qualities of the GM utilities?

Like they've done with full sized pickups?

Yea GM only sells a million or so trucks per year, such losers....

To add to that the current K2s are somewhat rehashed GMT900s due to the BK so the 19' GMs will be the 1st true post BK generation truck. But no doubt Ford will have success with the 18' SUV twins.

Edited by Fgts

What is your opinion of the new Ford utilities? Do you think they are competitive with the GM triplets? Do you think they exceed the qualities of the GM utilities?

New Expedition and Navigator are excellent and among the best vehicles Ford makes. Definitely competitive with GM's SUVs. Ford and GM now both have the most appealing entries in the segment. The Fords are better in some areas such as interior space, while the GMs are better in others such as V8 engine availability. Can't go wrong with either company if you want a really good full size SUV.

I don't think Ford will get very many conquest customers from GM with the new Expedition and Navigator. Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade customers are very loyal to GM. But Ford could end up killing Toyota Sequoia and Nissan Armada (Patrol) in the U.S., both of which are dated and not competitive with Ford and GM.

Edited by rperez817