2018 Jeep Wrangler (first "official" pics)

Anthony

Painted fender flares instead of cheap looking black plastic? With the hardcore Jeep faithful accept them?

Looks good, but also looks the same to me.

They are only showing the Sahara and Rubicon models in the pics. The lower / other models may have them still.

Interesting way of still having a fold down windshield...

Still looks like a jeep too...

I saw an article yesterday that the plant that was just retooled to build these has the capacity to build 300k vehicles. They sold about 200K of them over the past few years...wonder where they are expecting that extra 100K to come from.

Interesting way of still having a fold down windshield...

Still looks like a jeep too...

I saw an article yesterday that the plant that was just retooled to build these has the capacity to build 300k vehicles. They sold about 200K of them over the past few years...wonder where they are expecting that extra 100K to come from.

The Toldeo plant is actually two plants. The North plant has 60k more capacity than the South plant. They got rid of the Cherokee from the North plant and moved the Wrangler production there (from the South plant) for two reasons: no downtime for changeover and additional capacity.

The South plant is being retooled for the Wrangler pickup and Wrangler overflow.

The existing Wrangler was capacity constrained (hence why you never really saw big rebates on them....they sold every one they could make).

Guess you won't see people removing them either, with the turn signals being on the fenders now.

They still will, just like they smoke taillight until you can't see them or raise them way over what is allowed legally. It's not like they ever get tickets for it or have plates confiscated.

Guess you won't see people removing them either, with the turn signals being on the fenders now.

They won't be removing them for street use, where not having fenders is illegal anyway.

You don't need turn signals off road, so I'm sure people will still remove them. ...and if someone REALLY wants turn signals when their fenders are removed, I'm sure there will be an aftermarket (or MOPAR) substitute (on side mirrors, etc...)

Edited by Anthony

They won't be removing them for street use, where not having fenders is illegal anyway.

You don't need turn signals off road, so I'm sure people will still remove them. ...and if someone REALLY wants turn signals when their fenders are removed, I'm sure there will be an aftermarket (or MOPAR) substitute (on side mirrors, etc...)

I've seen some driving that remove the stock fenders and put on mini ones that don't really cover much.

Painted fenders rather than the stock unpainted black ones have been an option since 2012 and that will likely continue to be an option. The huge Wrangler aftermarket industry is amazingly responsive. It won't be long until aftermarket fenders with turn signals or turn signals to mount in another location will be available.

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/05/2018-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-fuel-economy/

According to the EPA, the current Wrangler Unlimited with the 3.6-liter V6 and six-speed manual clocks 16 miles per gallon in the city, 21 on the highway, and 18 combined. The 2018 version with the same six-speed manual comes in at 17/23/19. Switching transmissions, the current model with the five-speed automatic hooks up 16/20/18, the 2018 model with an eight-speed automatic does 18/23/20.

Beautiful Jeeps, but, I used to be an off road racer back in the early 70's. Drove and raced CJ-5's. When the race was over, or a trip to run mud at the club grounds ended, we'd eventually end up at the car wash to hose the mud off the body, from under the body, and out of the interior and engine compartment, and even olurselves. Good luck doing that with these new ones! Can't imagine the dash and electronic components and the interior stuff ever being quite the same after that! LOL.

Harry

• 2 weeks later...

Autoblog has had a whole slew of pictures up since this morning.

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/29/2018-jeep-wrangler-la-auto-show-789654/

Most notably, pictures of the top trim interior, which looks much nicer than the ones we've seen already:

jp018-241wrn3oiueoimlu6tefjfduc13u2t6-1.