Custom Search

Coming Up Next:
Lincoln Aviator

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ford Performance Partners With Bob Tasca IIIís Funny Car For 2018

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Stray Kat

Stray Kat

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Joined 28-July 03

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:37 PM

Yes it was the Casey Luna Ford powered sprint car. In my opinion that thing had a horsepower advantage at that time.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 ONLINE   blksn8k2

blksn8k2

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,848 posts
  • Joined 22-March 06

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:46 PM

After further research, it appears Ford and TSR are working on a new engine but it isn’t ready/certified yet. That’s why they’re using Chevy engines with Ford stickers.

Unfortunately, they have been working on it or maybe just talking about it for over a year now. You would think they could have come up with something by now. Many of the top dirt late model racers run Ford engines. My guess is that the World of Outlaws engine rules for the winged sprint cars discourage anything but a SBC. I'm also guessing that Ford isn't real keen on building their version of a Chevy cylinder head for a single team effort. Ask Larry Morgan how that worked out for him in NHRA Pro Stock. Donny Shatz won twenty races and the championship last year driving the TSR #15 car with FORD Performance plastered all over it with a Chevy under the hood. Tony Stewart is also smart enough to know that as long as he can keep getting sponsorship money from Ford and winning with a Chevy engine he doesn't need to be in any big hurry to change anything.

My current rides:
07 Sport Trac Limited 4x4 V8
99 Mustang Cobra (Roush Body Kit)
75 Bronco (393 Windsor, NV3550 5-speed)
70 Mustang Mach 1 (428 CJ, 4-speed)
68 Cougar (390 GT, C6)
67 Ranchero (460, C6, Pro Street)

"Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

- Ronald Reagan

#23 OFFLINE   Stray Kat

Stray Kat

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Joined 28-July 03

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:14 AM

"Certified" is code for-making sure the Ford engine does not have any performance advantage over the status quo even though the "status quo" has a combination of over 50 years of refinement.

You gang the Chevrolet formula is brilliant. Introduce the most inexpensive platform imaginable. When it catches on all other combinations will be limited so as not to obsolete the Chevy V8 and drive costs up.

Kind of a simple but depressing thought.

#24 OFFLINE   bifs66

bifs66

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 271 posts
  • Joined 16-February 04

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:46 PM

Apparently the ARCA  series has pretty much exclusively used the LS based engine for two years now (regardless of body decals); and now it seems the Craftsman truck series is going the same way.   I suppose it won't be long before Xfinity and Cup follow suit.  That will be the last straw for me as a follower of that branch of motor sports.  They like to refer to that engine as the "LLmor NT1" as if it isn't a GM engine.  In a different vein....There is a rumor out there that Ford may move to the "prototype" class in IMSA , after the GT has run its course (2019??).  Anyone heard anything about this?

1966 Mustang Fastback Restomod
1985 Mustang GT (Preserved)
1997 F-150 4x4
2011 Edge SEL

#25 OFFLINE   IMSA-XJR9

IMSA-XJR9

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Joined 03-February 03

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:26 AM

In a different vein....There is a rumor out there that Ford may move to the "prototype" class in IMSA , after the GT has run its course (2019??).  Anyone heard anything about this?

This was the last update/rumor I read . . . 

Acura joined the DPi ranks this year alongside launch partners Cadillac, Mazda and Nissan, with Ford also understood to be in advanced talks that could see the Blue Oval debut in 2020 following the completion of the Ford GT program.

http://sportscar365....ield-of-vision/

2004 Competition Orange Mach 1
2014 F-150 XLT Ecoboost

2015 Lincoln MKZ 2.0 AWD

#26 ONLINE   blksn8k2

blksn8k2

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,848 posts
  • Joined 22-March 06

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:09 PM

Hmmm...sounds like a good opportunity to promote the Lincoln brand since this seems to be evolving into the playground for luxury brands.

My current rides:
07 Sport Trac Limited 4x4 V8
99 Mustang Cobra (Roush Body Kit)
75 Bronco (393 Windsor, NV3550 5-speed)
70 Mustang Mach 1 (428 CJ, 4-speed)
68 Cougar (390 GT, C6)
67 Ranchero (460, C6, Pro Street)

"Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

- Ronald Reagan

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service | DMCA ·