Custom Search

Coming Up Next:
Lincoln Aviator

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Does the C Max Hybrid have a starter?

Best Answer murphy62 , 27 October 2017 - 12:39 PM

It does not have a starter or an alternator.  The engine is started using the high voltage battery and one of the electric motors.  The 12 volt battery is charged by a DC to DC converter connected to the high voltage battery.  I would expect the engine to start immediately if the climate system is set to auto and is on and it is cold enough to need heat.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bdegrand

bdegrand

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Joined 14-April 11
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-Max Hybrid/ 2017 Fusion Sport

Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:57 AM

I recently bought a C Max Hybrid and noticed the absence of the usual starter noise when turning on my car. It always starts without the gas engine, so I assume there is no need for the traditional starter?
If that is true, I also wonder how can I warm up my hybrid on those cold winter mornings since the electric motor handles the initial drive thus leaving the internal combustion engine cold?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   murphy62

murphy62

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 252 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:39 PM   Best Answer

It does not have a starter or an alternator.  The engine is started using the high voltage battery and one of the electric motors.  The 12 volt battery is charged by a DC to DC converter connected to the high voltage battery.  I would expect the engine to start immediately if the climate system is set to auto and is on and it is cold enough to need heat.

• bdegrand likes this

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·