2018 Navigator Window Sticker

HofstraJet

So I noticed that the first window sticker for a vehicle in my area is available.

http://shop.lincoln.com/inventory/navigator/details/5LMJJ3HT6JEL00642?zipcode=33071&year=2018&fyear=2018&ownerPACode=11367&fromDetails=true&intcmp=show-si&Radius=100&Order=Distance

No EPA info and says vehicle not for sale. Never saw that before.

Edited by HofstraJet

Is that your actual vehicle?

I wish! Doubt I will see mine before year end. I'm keeping an eye on the site hoping I see my vehicle listed at some point (not sure if Ford would show a sold vehicle on their website - I know Land Rover does as I was helping a friend buy one and every time I found a vehicle he wanted, when I called they said it was ordered for someone and not for sale).

Same for the expy. Im guessing that ford is allocating the vehicles that are ready and will sending them to the dealers that ordered them somewhat soon. Unfortunately, no dealer within 200 miles of me is one of those prestigious dealers to get one so soon. Their are two dates at the bottom of the window stickers, does anyone have an idea of what those dates are?

• 2 months later...

My widow sticker is finally available! YAY!

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?VIN=5LMJJ2LT8JEL04015

I learned a few things recently about Ford/Lincoln window stickers and perhaps others on here can verify.

Apparently retail sold orders get a green window sticker instead of the standard brown/blue and say SPECIAL ORDER on them.

The date inside the bottom box above the border is the date that the vehicle entered production and left the order processing stage. This date doesn’t change.

The date on the very bottom below the border is either the last date of a change in status of the vehicle or the date the PDF of the window sticker was requested. It appears that while the vehicle is being made/shipped, the date changes with status updates (being built/complete/shipped/shipping updates/etc.), but once on the dealer lot, it updates whenever the window sticker is requested from the website.

Will be monitoring the bottom date to see when it changes and what the related status change is.

We’re getting close!

Thanks for your insight on these. I havent seen a green window sticker yet so now if I come across one Ill know what it is. Im curious to see the Burgundy Velvet color in person, seems like most of the promotional videos and pictures are either the black label colors or black, white, or rhapsody blue. Nice choice on your ride!

Edited by boredinbirmingham

...Im curious to see the Burgundy Velvet color in person...

it's been used on production vehicles for a couple modelyears - just visit your friendly neighborhood dealer

also know as Royal Crimson on some Fords, but always code# R3

Edited by 2b2

I learned a few things recently about Ford/Lincoln window stickers and perhaps others on here can verify.

Apparently retail sold orders get a green window sticker instead of the standard brown/blue and say SPECIAL ORDER on them.

The date inside the bottom box above the border is the date that the vehicle entered production and left the order processing stage. This date doesn’t change.

The date on the very bottom below the border is either the last date of a change in status of the vehicle or the date the PDF of the window sticker was requested. It appears that while the vehicle is being made/shipped, the date changes with status updates (being built/complete/shipped/shipping updates/etc.), but once on the dealer lot, it updates whenever the window sticker is requested from the website.

Will be monitoring the bottom date to see when it changes and what the related status change is.

We’re getting close!

Ho do I check the status ? Ordered a black label with second row pass through, dealer is saying its late availability till Feb.

Edited by Journeyguy

Thanks for your insight on these. I havent seen a green window sticker yet so now if I come across one Ill know what it is. Im curious to see the Burgundy Velvet color in person, seems like most of the promotional videos and pictures are either the black label colors or black, white, or rhapsody blue. Nice choice on your ride!

Thanks! I originally was going to get Rhapsody Blue as it looked great on the website. But I wanted to see it in person before ordering and I'm glad I did - it is much paler than expected. I was expecting a deep midnight blue (what I subsequently learned was Midnight Sapphire Blue, not available on the 18). I think someone goofed on the website - the color on the site isn't close to the actual vehicle color. I looked at other vehicles on the lot and the burgundy caught my eye. It is dark and at night looks almost black, but really sparkles in the sun. My current Expedition is Green Gem and it does the same - black at night but color shines in bright sunlight.

Ho do I check the status ? Ordered a black label with second row pass through, dealer is saying its late availability till Feb.

Check out this forum (read the instructions in the first post carefully - the folks in that forum will help you out): http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

• Like 1

We’re getting close!

nice !

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?VIN=5LMJJ2LT2JEL03183

So my window sticker just appeared today, yay! I was told on the vehicle tracking by employees section that my build wouldnt begin until the first week of January. My question is how long before the build starts do the make the sticker available?

• Like 1

So my window sticker just appeared today, yay! I was told on the vehicle tracking by employees section that my build wouldnt begin until the first week of January. My question is how long before the build starts do the make the sticker available?

Window Stickers are generally available at about the time the vehicle goes into production. At the same time, Dealer Invoices and MSO's (Manufacturer's Statement of Origin) are sent to the ordering Dealer. Dealers download the vehicle invoice while the MSO's are sent via mail. The MSO's are sent to the customer's State DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) for registration purposes. Once the vehicle is registered the State generates the Title which is then sent to the appropriate party.

• Like 1

Window Stickers are generally available at about the time the vehicle goes into production. At the same time, Dealer Invoices and MSO's (Manufacturer's Statement of Origin) are sent to the ordering Dealer. Dealers download the vehicle invoice while the MSO's are sent via mail. The MSO's are sent to the customer's State DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) for registration purposes. Once the vehicle is registered the State generates the Title which is then sent to the appropriate party.

So my build date may have been moved up from the first week of January to closer to now?

Our vehicles are practically twins! :D

• Like 1

We’re getting close!

Following up on the bolded portion of my post above, looks like my vehicle was built yesterday (11/16) and accordingly, the date below the border on my window sticker was updated to 11/16!

Edited by HofstraJet