Awfully painful seats

SynnerSyndrome

Considering Ford has sold something like 300,000 Edges with those seats and you and one or two others are the only ones complaining about them I think it’s safe to say there’s nothing wrong with the seats - they just don’t fit you. If it’s one spot you can have an upholstery shop add padding. Otherwise you’re probably better off trading it for something else (after you test drive it).

I've seen many people say the seats are bad. Pro reviews even said as such...but this is after I bought it. Go figure. Not a fan of the fact it doesnt work well with iPod classics either...But overall the seats are too hard with little padding

I imagine it doesn't play well with the Archos Jukebox or RIO 600 either.

No complaints about my seats. 45k miles, 2015 Titanium.

Edited by sullynd
  • Like 1

I imagine it doesn't play well with the Archos Jukebox or RIO 600 either.

No complaints about my seats. 45k miles, 2015 Titanium.

With all due respect...that's a 2015 titanium.

As in leather seats...better design...more padding. I have a 2017 SE. Very little padding, cramped.

I was a body builder years ago for years but havent done so since. I've ripped my cartilidge and have nearly nothing in either knee. I have bulging discs in my back. Bursitis in feet.

But my old car before this...a 2011 Honda Element? No pain whatsoever. This one? Nothing but pain...Numbness...

Since you have bulging discs, it sounds like seats are putting pressure in the right spots to cause sciatic issues (that's the only reason I could imagine it would cause pain all the way down your leg).

I would work to adjust the seat to see if it will make it comfortable, maybe adding a pillow here are there to help shift pressure points around. As noted, you may try seats from a nicer edge as well.

Also, try some exercises to alleviate sciatic nerve pain to see if that helps you. First, go to the main cause, not the issue that's making the main cause worse.

• Like 1

I've seen many people say the seats are bad. Pro reviews even said as such...but this is after I bought it. Go figure. Not a fan of the fact it doesnt work well with iPod classics either...But overall the seats are too hard with little padding

How many have said that? 10? 20? 50? Out of 300,000 vehicles sold?

The seats do have less padding than others and I understand that may cause discomfort for a few people but that doesn't mean the seats are bad - they just don't work for you. That can be true for almost any seat in any vehicle - somewhere there is someone who is uncomfortable.

If you're sensitive to that you need to do an extended test drive - or at least an extended sit at the dealership - before buying.

Still don't understand how that affects your elbow. But good luck finding something that works better for you.

I've ripped my cartilidge and have nearly nothing in either knee. I have bulging discs in my back. Bursitis in feet.

Sounds like you need a new Orthopedic Surgeon/Doctor, not a new car.

I had severe hip, and moderate knee damage from a lifetime of gravity sports, Couldn't sit in any car, plane, chair at work without wicked pain. Got out of my wife's car one day and my hip locked up so bad I fell on the ground -I described it as getting hit by lightning (yes, hyperbole but almost true). I suffered from Bursitis in shoulder, a few AC Shoulder Separations, and Rotator Cuff, injuries, broken collarbone and the usual cuts, bruises, sprains and muscle pulls that come from high speed impact with mother earth.

Got it all fixed - lots of high tech medical procedures, and physical exercises. Great doc (since retired). Now, though I can't get thought a metal detector without the alarm blaring, I am back to Mountain Biking and Skiing and in the gym and no more pain while sitting in any vehicle of transportation, unless it is a Toyota and that is from sheer embarrassment for even riding in such an ugly truck.

Good luck!

Edited by Kev-Mo

I have a bulging disc in my back that causes sciatic pain down my leg too. I've had a couple of steroid shots so it's not as bad now, but in the past, I used a pillow like this and it helped tremendously.

41y6MBzlyzL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/TravelMate-Large-Medium-FIRM-Wellness-Cushion/dp/B008GPR888/ref=pd_sim_200_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=BJFYAQ9QCCPEFRN4914X

Back pain sucks, I hope you find some relief.

• Like 1

Make sure the bottom seat cushion has not slid forward,
I had the same problem with an '04 Lincoln LS, the cushion was sliding forward and making it most uncomfortable.

If that is the problem, see if Ford, (if it is still under warranty) is willing to have an upholstery shop correct this.

I also had a problem with an '03 Taurus wagon that the seat was not worth a dam, but other Taurus sedans were fine.

You might have one that is not quite right in the specs.

Good luck, nothing worse that seats that create pain.

• 1 month later...

When we were shopping for a 2016 Edge, my wife insisted on sitting in both front seat. (I insisted that she drove it also.) She gated the leather seats and that is all that most dealers had in stock. Luckily we found one that had cloth seat and they were acceptable.

The side bolster are a bit tight for my liking.

• 2 years later...