8/9 Speed Transmission Time Line

I think George Carlin had a similar idea. You could shoot a harpoon flag into the trunk of a car when they do something stupid. 3 flags and the po-po could pull them over and write them a ticket.

George Carlin had some fantastic ideas. I love his bit about Monday night public executions.

The world is a sadder place without him for sure

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Coming to a complete stop to make a right turn.

Except that's the law?

---

We need to add not moving fender benders to the side of the road on highways. I can't tell you how many times I've seen massive miles-long traffic jams caused because some idiots had a minor fender bender accident in the middle lanes and they just park and get out in the middle of the road. Obviously some accidents you can't move, but if you messed up your bumper a bit, you can easily move off the road. It's pathetic.

Another addition - people that seem to feel the need to slam on the brakes to look at an accident on the side (on the shoulder) of the road/highway.....or worse yet, on the other side of a divided highway.

Edited by rmc523

Except that's the law?

I'm not aware of any laws that require you to come to a complete stop unless it's at a stop sign or a red light. There's certainly no law that requires you to come to a complete stop before making a right turn to get off of a highway.

BTW, I think I'll add "coming to a complete stop at a 2-way stop when you're on the road that doesn't have the stop signs" to the list.

I'm not aware of any laws that require you to come to a complete stop unless it's at a stop sign or a red light. There's certainly no law that requires you to come to a complete stop before making a right turn to get off of a highway.

BTW, I think I'll add "coming to a complete stop at a 2-way stop when you're on the road that doesn't have the stop signs" to the list.

I thought you were referring to at a light or stop sign.

What do you mean a right turn to get off the highway?

Only if the signal is red.

EVERY intersecting street has a traffic light??? I find that hard to believe unless you're only talking about the center of town.

There are far too many of those intersections around here to put up stoplights--the state and US highways intersect with section roads all over the state; having a stoplight at every intersection would take thousands of stoplights (although that hasn't stopped my hometown from trying).

Only if the signal is red.

EVERY intersecting street has a traffic light??? I find that hard to believe unless you're only talking about the center of town.

True about the red light.

You haven't been to south Florida apparently haha.

Obviously in neighborhoods, you'll have stop signs or 2-way stops, but yeah I'd say the majority of intersections have lights. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what he meant by turning off a highway, but pretty much everywhere here is developed......we don't really have many rural areas (unless you go west toward the everglades) because the population is limited to a roughly 10-20 mile wide area up/down the coast with the Atlantic to the east and the everglades to the west.

Furthermore, the roads are setup in a grid pattern, as there are no real natural formations (mountains, etc.) to go around, meaning more intersections.

Edited by rmc523