8/9 Speed Transmission Time Line

The same thing happens in the Northeast too...then again I'll assume that is where these people got these terrible habits.

For the life of me I can't figure out why people want to do the speed limit in the left hand lane....

This has made my commute torturous. It is bad enough they drive in the passing lane but also have the habit of driving right next to someone in the right lane and creating an impassable barrier. On top of that a large number of people are texting or just plain driving like zombies staring ahead with a blank look. No thought as to how there actions effect other people. I could write ten pages on things people do that are annoying and dangerous while driving. Sorry for the rant but in the last five to ten years things have quickly deteriorated on the road for some reason. I personally think it is an alien plot to take over Earth.

• Like 3

This has made my commute torturous. It is bad enough they drive in the passing lane but also have the habit of driving right next to someone in the right lane and creating an impassable barrier. On top of that a large number of people are texting or just plain driving like zombies staring ahead with a blank look. No thought as to how there actions effect other people. I could write ten pages on things people do that are annoying and dangerous while driving. Sorry for the rant but in the last five to ten years things have quickly deteriorated on the road for some reason. I personally think it is an alien plot to take over Earth.

Worst thing I've even seen was a few years ago coming home from work on 195-

I saw a car in the left hand lane doing about 50-55 MPH (limit is 65)...I pull up to them in the right lane (I just merged on to the road) and looked over..two late teen girls with BOTH of their heads down texting away...I made sure to speed up and get as far away as I could from them.

The same thing happens in the Northeast too...then again I'll assume that is where these people got these terrible habits.

For the life of me I can't figure out why people want to do the speed limit in the left hand lane....

It's far worse when they're doing well under the speed limit in the left lane (50-55 in a 65 zone).

And the rain......forget about it. You'd think that in a place where it rains almost daily in the summer that drivers would be used to it by now......NOPE, let's all go 35 mph with our hazards on.....

I saw a car in the left hand lane doing about 50-55 MPH (limit is 65)...I pull up to them in the right lane (I just merged on to the road) and looked over..two late teen girls with BOTH of their heads down texting away...I made sure to speed up and get as far away as I could from them.

If you're going to text and drive, at least be good at it....

Strange timing...I just saw a piece that said Omron just showed a dashboard that will watch the driver to see if he (or she) is awake and paying attention. If you don't pay attention for long enough, it will pull the car over...

I've seen that down here. I strongly considered laying on my horn as loud as I could, but decided that it would cause more problems than solutions.

My issue here in Orlando has been, there is really not much traffic, you just have MANY people who don't know how to WORK with traffic. No reason it takes someone over a mile to reach speed, or these huge 10 car distances they leave in front of them in the left most lane. And I'm ok with texting and driving, hell I can do that and get head at the same time, just stay on the right lane. What blows my mind is I'm texting, driving, on a phone call, shopping on amazon, flying by on the passing lane and I'm passing a crappy driver on the right lane, not using turn signals, occasionally touching the line and I'm like "OK maybe they are texting I get it", but NO I look over as I pass them and they aren't...they are actually focused on the road, 2 hands on the steering wheel, then I'm like "Nope buddy, you are just naturally a bad driver if your that focused and your messing up that badly".... urrgggg.....

• Like 1

Because they are rude idiots...it's their time, not yours.

Driving slow in the fast lane...my number one driving pet peeve.

Let's not get started on Chicago traffic.

Edited by tbone

Let's not get started on Chicago traffic.

I never go anywhere unless I can drive there. The first time I went to Chicago was '95 and I was driving my SHO. When I saw that every last cop car and taxi had body damage, I decided that wasn't where I wanted to die. I parked my car in the hotel's garage and walked everywhere I went, not even starting the engine 'til I left at the end of the week.

I enjoyed all of my trips to Chicago, but those folks are nuttier than squirrel turds when they get on the roads.

• Like 1

Don't get me started on driving habits. I'm a trucker that runs all 48 states and the 6 lower of Canada.

My educated opinion is that SC, TN, GA and FL have the least considerate drivers in the country. It's like they live to jam up the highway. Washington, DC area has the worst traffic management. Southern CA has the highest number of cars, but unless somebody screws up; traffic will move. There is never a good time to go through Chicago or Toronto.

The biggest offenders of texting & driving are women between the ages of 35 and 55 (remember, I see everything looking down).

I can come up with two or three pages of observations; but I'll digress.

I've seen that down here. I strongly considered laying on my horn as loud as I could, but decided that it would cause more problems than solutions.

Just this morning, I was driving in the right lane and there was some idiot lady in a Nissan Versa who was completely stopped on the side of the highway, who then decided she wanted to start driving again. She didn't speed up and then merge back onto the highway, she merged into the traffic lane and then sped up (to nowhere near the speed limit) right in front of me......I slammed on the brakes and laid on the horn, and she just looked in her mirrors at me like I did something wrong, same look when I was able to pass her on the left.

I sometimes wish you could just ram people off the road without consequence (both physically and legally).....

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 3

We could call it the CRASHED program....... Citizens Relocating A**hole Sh*t Head Erroneous Drivers.

Love it.

Includes the following offenses:

driving below the speed limit in good weather

stopping at a keep moving sign

not turning left when you have the right of way

stopping when you do have the right of way

not knowing when it's your turn at the 4-way stop

jumping out of line into the merging lane just to skip ahead

skipping the line and trying to merge into a turn lane at the last minute

blocking an intersection

left lane squatting

Love it.

blocking an intersection

left lane squatting

Hazards in a rain storm

Wipers on full when it's sprinkling (ok, this one doesn't affect traffic, but it drives me nuts when I see it)

Stopping at yield signs (when nobody is coming)

I know there's a million more that I'm not thinking of when I want to.....

I don't mind Chicago traffic at all. I drive in it every day (Stevenson or Ryan depending on traffic).

You enjoy wasting your life away on the Devil's highway, aka the Stevenson? I drove that road ever week for 9 years and literally have been in traffic jams at all hours of the day. There is no rhyme or reason to the traffic on the road. I thankfully work at a different location now and do not have to travel downtown every day. I now have gotten some of my life back which has been awesome.

Love it.

blocking an intersection

left lane squatting

Coming to a complete stop to make a right turn.

Making a right turn from the left side of the lane when there is a full shoulder

Putting a blinker on at the last second to make a right turn into where you were waiting to make a left

Making a left turn from the right side of the lane when if they moved to the center you could get by

Not only driving under the limit in the passing lane but staying right next to the car in the right lane for miles

Turning off the road but somehow staying in your way for an eternity

With the pending death of AOL Instant Messenger anyone remember how you could warn users? Warnings impacted what users could do, they'd slow down how often you could send messages, and cause a time out of you got too many. It was a way to self-moderate. (I was always surprised forums didn't adopt this method)

Anyway, I've always thought it would be cool if you could warn other drivers. Driving five under in the left lane? I warn you, RMC warns you, akirby warns you, and the next time you start your car it won't go over 30mph for 30 minutes or something.

Anyway, I've always thought it would be cool if you could warn other drivers. Driving five under in the left lane? I warn you, RMC warns you, akirby warns you, and the next time you start your car it won't go over 30mph for 30 minutes or something.

I don't understand, So then they'll be going 30mph in the left lane then?

Edited by jasonj80