Custom Search

Coming Up Next:
Lincoln Aviator

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Vehicle Tracking without VIN

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Dlcorbett

Dlcorbett

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 161 posts
  • Joined 28-August 13
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:08 ford fusion

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:37 PM

I was under the assumption that the "ok to buy" was given due to an earlier post by mkidd.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 25,901 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Ti (Ruby Red)

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:52 PM

If the ok to buy was given already then it's just the time it takes to get the retail order scheduled and to go from scheduled to being built.  I would assume that's a week or two but not 100% sure.

2013 Fusion Titanium (Ruby Red)
2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve (Luxe/Cappucino)

#43 OFFLINE   MiddKid

MiddKid

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 12-June 17
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Considering a 2018 Expedition

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:01 PM

I was under the assumption that the "ok to buy" was given due to an earlier post by mkidd.

I'm starting to trust my dealer less and less. His most recent email said the zone manager told him OKTB would be here soon. So much conflicting info.

#44 OFFLINE   Dlcorbett

Dlcorbett

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 161 posts
  • Joined 28-August 13

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:57 PM

I can see that 2 mkidd, i think the dealer is gooing that the ok to buy happens each week and relaying it to you as fact instead of just waiting for the actual ok to buy from ford

#45 OFFLINE   fordmantpw

fordmantpw

akirby's stunt double

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,350 posts
  • Joined 30-January 06
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:2017 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 PowerStroke Diesel

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:16 PM

Keep in mind that a lot of dealers don't really understand this process (why they haven't bothered to educate themselves is beyond me).  They may not be lying to you, they just really don't have a clue.

photo-thumb-15254.jpg

Future Vehicles
2020 Ford Explorer/Lincoln Aviator

Current Vehicles
'17 F350 Super Duty Crew Cab, Lariat, 4x4, 6.7L Diesel

'10 Mercury Milan

'09 Ford Flex Limited (wife's)

Past Vehicles
'08 F250 Super Duty Crew Cab, Lariat, 4x4, 6.4L Diesel
'05 Ford F150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 5.4 - sold @53k, not a single problem
'03 Ford Escape XLT
(wife's) Traded at 75k for '09 Flex
'99 Ford F150 XLT Regular Cab 4x4 5.4 - Sold @136k, then totaled by the new owner on the way to its new home :(
'96 Chevrolet Cavalier (wife's - she brought it into the marriage)
'86 Ford Bronco II XLT 4x4 5 Speed 2.9L - what a dog, and it cracked heads like no tomorrow. 150k+ on 4 engines

#46 OFFLINE   Azgdds

Azgdds

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 02-September 10

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:17 PM

Based on my experience with my Raptor, dealers, managers, fields reps, etc. have no fricking clue about anything until the vehicle actually shows up on the truck.  I don't understand why a "tracking" number isn't just given to each order like UPS and we can click and track to our hearts content on a website that gives these "OK to sell" etc. definitions right with your tracking so you have an idea what is going on, but that would be too easy.  I am not even bothering talking to my dealer or ford this time, waste of heart ache, it shows up when it shows up.

• boredinbirmingham likes this

#47 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 25,901 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:29 PM

Based on my experience with my Raptor, dealers, managers, fields reps, etc. have no fricking clue about anything until the vehicle actually shows up on the truck.  I don't understand why a "tracking" number isn't just given to each order like UPS and we can click and track to our hearts content on a website that gives these "OK to sell" etc. definitions right with your tracking so you have an idea what is going on, but that would be too easy.  I am not even bothering talking to my dealer or ford this time, waste of heart ache, it shows up when it shows up.

That's what COTUS was supposed to be but it looks like they never finished it.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I agree it shouldn't be that hard to simply translate the info that Ford and dealers already have.

No excuse for the dealer not knowing or giving you accurate information though.

#48 OFFLINE   HofstraJet

HofstraJet

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 22-October 06
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Expedition Limited

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:30 PM

FWIW, I see that the first Navi with a VIN in my area showed up on the Lincoln website: http://shop.lincoln....&Order=Distance

#49 OFFLINE   Dlcorbett

Dlcorbett

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 161 posts
  • Joined 28-August 13

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:50 PM

If you play withthe search inventory setting, you can see which dealers have ordered a truck, and presumabky will be getti g tge truck sooner.

#50 OFFLINE   Dlcorbett

Dlcorbett

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 161 posts
  • Joined 28-August 13

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:38 PM

Same for the expy. Im guessing that ford is allocating the vehicles that are ready and will sending them to the dealers that ordered them somewhat soon. Unfortunately, no dealer within 200 miles of me is one of those prestigious dealers to get one so soon. There are 2 dates i noticed at the bottom of the window sticker, does anyone know what those dates are for or what they mean for the vehicle.

#51 OFFLINE   MKX1960

MKX1960

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 259 posts
  • Joined 12-June 07
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Explorer Platinum

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:59 PM

Same for the expy. Im guessing that ford is allocating the vehicles that are ready and will sending them to the dealers that ordered them somewhat soon. Unfortunately, no dealer within 200 miles of me is one of those prestigious dealers to get one so soon. There are 2 dates i noticed at the bottom of the window sticker, does anyone know what those dates are for or what they mean for the vehicle.

I saw something where Ford is pulling inventory from a lot of dealers to send to Texas for dealers that lost their inventory in the hurricane. 

#52 OFFLINE   Dlcorbett

Dlcorbett

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 161 posts
  • Joined 28-August 13

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:17 AM

I could see that, relative, there are more new trucks being sent to the gulf coast dealers

#53 OFFLINE   seanbateman

seanbateman

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 16-June 17
  • Current Vehicle:Tahoe

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:47 PM

So, if something shows up on the inventory site as "dealer ordered," does that generally mean that the vehicle is reserved for a customer who placed that order?

Or does it mean that the dealership is just getting a stock vehicle?  If the former, is there another designation on the inventory site that would designate a stock vehicle being allocated to a certain dealership that I should look for?

I haven't placed an order yet and at this point am attempting to determine if I can get the vehicle I want sooner by just placing an order at my local dealership (they are telling me December/January but really don't know) or just stalking this inventory site for dealers within an 8 hour drive and calling them when I see something close to what I am looking for.

#54 ONLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,704 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Focus, 2015 Focus

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:52 PM

So, if something shows up on the inventory site as "dealer ordered," does that generally mean that the vehicle is reserved for a customer who placed that order?
Or does it mean that the dealership is just getting a stock vehicle?  If the former, is there another designation on the inventory site that would designate a stock vehicle being allocated to a certain dealership that I should look for?
I haven't placed an order yet and at this point am attempting to determine if I can get the vehicle I want sooner by just placing an order at my local dealership (they are telling me December/January but really don't know) or just stalking this inventory site for dealers within an 8 hour drive and calling them when I see something close to what I am looking for.

it means it's ordered for dealer stock. If it's for a customer it would say either special order or customer order. Some salesmen will cheat the system a bit and order a customer vehicle as dealer stock when it's something brand new like the new Expedition or the like.

What? What happened?

#55 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 25,901 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:56 AM

it means it's ordered for dealer stock. If it's for a customer it would say either special order or customer order. Some salesmen will cheat the system a bit and order a customer vehicle as dealer stock when it's something brand new like the new Expedition or the like.

I've never seen the Ford online inventory show anything other than Dealer Ordered.   I'm not sure they differentiate between stock and retail in that system.

#56 ONLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,704 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Focus, 2015 Focus

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:24 AM

I've never seen the Ford online inventory show anything other than Dealer Ordered.   I'm not sure they differentiate between stock and retail in that system.

Maybe that's only on window stickers then

What? What happened?

#57 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 25,901 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:26 AM

Maybe that's only on window stickers then

Yes - the window sticker will differentiate.

#58 OFFLINE   MKX1960

MKX1960

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 259 posts
  • Joined 12-June 07
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Explorer Platinum

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:37 PM

The salesman can access a lot of info if they're willing to do the work. When I ordered my 14 Mustang and my 16 Expedition, my salesman emailed me every week with the status and emailed a copy of the sticker when it became available. Sadly after 22 years his health was starting to fail and he retired.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·