Vehicle Tracking without VIN

Dlcorbett

Same for the expy. Im guessing that ford is allocating the vehicles that are ready and will sending them to the dealers that ordered them somewhat soon. Unfortunately, no dealer within 200 miles of me is one of those prestigious dealers to get one so soon. There are 2 dates i noticed at the bottom of the window sticker, does anyone know what those dates are for or what they mean for the vehicle.

I saw something where Ford is pulling inventory from a lot of dealers to send to Texas for dealers that lost their inventory in the hurricane.

So, if something shows up on the inventory site as "dealer ordered," does that generally mean that the vehicle is reserved for a customer who placed that order?

Or does it mean that the dealership is just getting a stock vehicle? If the former, is there another designation on the inventory site that would designate a stock vehicle being allocated to a certain dealership that I should look for?

I haven't placed an order yet and at this point am attempting to determine if I can get the vehicle I want sooner by just placing an order at my local dealership (they are telling me December/January but really don't know) or just stalking this inventory site for dealers within an 8 hour drive and calling them when I see something close to what I am looking for.

So, if something shows up on the inventory site as "dealer ordered," does that generally mean that the vehicle is reserved for a customer who placed that order?

Or does it mean that the dealership is just getting a stock vehicle? If the former, is there another designation on the inventory site that would designate a stock vehicle being allocated to a certain dealership that I should look for?

I haven't placed an order yet and at this point am attempting to determine if I can get the vehicle I want sooner by just placing an order at my local dealership (they are telling me December/January but really don't know) or just stalking this inventory site for dealers within an 8 hour drive and calling them when I see something close to what I am looking for.

it means it's ordered for dealer stock. If it's for a customer it would say either special order or customer order. Some salesmen will cheat the system a bit and order a customer vehicle as dealer stock when it's something brand new like the new Expedition or the like.

it means it's ordered for dealer stock. If it's for a customer it would say either special order or customer order. Some salesmen will cheat the system a bit and order a customer vehicle as dealer stock when it's something brand new like the new Expedition or the like.

I've never seen the Ford online inventory show anything other than Dealer Ordered. I'm not sure they differentiate between stock and retail in that system.

Based on my experience with my Raptor, dealers, managers, fields reps, etc. have no fricking clue about anything until the vehicle actually shows up on the truck. I don't understand why a "tracking" number isn't just given to each order like UPS and we can click and track to our hearts content on a website that gives these "OK to sell" etc. definitions right with your tracking so you have an idea what is going on, but that would be too easy. I am not even bothering talking to my dealer or ford this time, waste of heart ache, it shows up when it shows up.

The salesman can access a lot of info if they're willing to do the work. When I ordered my 14 Mustang and my 16 Expedition, my salesman emailed me every week with the status and emailed a copy of the sticker when it became available. Sadly after 22 years his health was starting to fail and he retired.