Some Spyshots of the 2019 Ram Grille / Headlights / Interior

Anthony

That's a busy looking interior

Well to be fair you are looking at a photo that is cropped only to show the busiest part. You don't get a sense of what it really looks like.

F-150 with similar crop looks just as busy.

post-6726-0-17591300-1506614908.jpg

post-6726-0-17591300-1506614908_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anthony

I see they're still doing the "we forgot to design these guages into the cluster so we jammed them into the speedo and tach." Blech.

Orrrr.........putting them inside what would otherwise be wasted space leaves room for other information without making the cluster gi-normous.

No. They're referring to the extra gauges (circles) within the tach and speedo.

The F-150 has a full tach/speedo, and the auxiliary gauges are in a row at the top of the cluster.

I think it is smart use of available real estate. Neither speedo or tach use 360 degrees of the circle, so putting the gauges in the unused space allows them to be larger in a smaller space and leaves room for other stuff.

Personal preference really.

I think it is smart use of available real estate. Neither speedo or tach use 360 degrees of the circle, so putting the gauges in the unused space allows them to be larger in a smaller space and leaves room for other stuff.

Personal preference really.

I can agree. I just think the way they did it is ugly.

As long as there is a tablet glued to the top of the dash, everybody here should love it.

I don't know if I'd say any of us truly like the tablet look, but rather that it's become the best way to put the largest screen in the dash without having to create some monstrous bulge in the dash to accommodate the screen.

I'm guessing that middle bar in the spyshot will instead display "R A M"

If the Hyundai rumors prove to be true it might say: "램"

I think it looks cleaner, better. They have taken that "in your face" design since 1994 as far as it could go, or even pushed it too far. This leaves the Tundra alone at the top of the list of really ugly trucks - but Nissan apparently wants that spot also so watch out.

Edited by Kev-Mo