F150 ecoboost takes on hellcat, plus others

It's a no brainer that things like lane departure and collision warning help reduce crashes, injuries and fatalities although I don't necessarily trust IIHS data that supports their agenda unless it's independently verified. Also the data they posted on rear end collision was only based on Volvos and one could argue that Volvo owners are not necessarily representative of all drivers.

Here is one that included many different manufactures. https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/5970439/FCP_SR_012816.0.pdfI realize you and many people on here hate IIHS and think they along with CR are the Anti-Christ but they do publish their data and methods. Here is an article on what Porsche did for the test with the new Cayenne as well as the methods used to spread out crash forces. http://jalopnik.com/the-2019-porsche-cayenne-added-110-pounds-specifically-1818573312

Edited by jasonj80

Change the angle by 10% and everyone has to go back to the drawing board.

As it should be, once you master something you make it hard then master that. If tests didn't get harder you would still be figuring out what letter Tiger starts with in 12th grade and we'd still be using IE6 and using Frontpage for websites.

As it should be, once you master something you make it hard then master that. If tests didn't get harder you would still be figuring out what letter Tiger starts with in 12th grade and we'd still be using IE6 and using Frontpage for websites.

Even if the new test only represents 1 out of 100,000 accidents and costs billions for every mfr to pass? At some point the costs outweigh the real world benefits and you have to say enough is enough.

I'm not against incremental improvements but I think the current tests and safety features are really good and I would feel perfectly safe driving in just about any new vehicle with no further safety advancements.