Genesis G70 revealed in apparent commerical

rmc523

Definitely strikes a resemblance to the Infinity, though I don't know if that is who I would have chosen to emulate.

What is the opinion of the quilted seat look that I've been seeing lately in new models? I kind of like it, but for some reason I don't think it will age well.

To me the tablet look is fine. I don't see how you would be able to fit these larger screens into a traditional center stack. I also like the upright angle.

It's just like moving from older TVs to flat/wide screens which no longer fit in those expensive entertainment centers.

Ok I admit it, that's a sharp car

Eh it looks almost too much like cheap Chinese knock off styling wise of a Infiniti. The grill just looks weird on it, doesn't flow well...I'm not a huge fan of the design language that is coming from that part of the world..its far too busy looking to the eye.

To me the tablet look is fine. I don't see how you would be able to fit these larger screens into a traditional center stack. I also like the upright angle.

It's just like moving from older TVs to flat/wide screens which no longer fit in those expensive entertainment centers.

Exactly, fitting them in the normal area where the radio would have normally gone would cut down on leg room due to the width of the dash to accommodate them. It also looks better then the giant lump like the Escape has on the upper part of the dash.

Exactly, fitting them in the normal area where the radio would have normally gone would cut down on leg room due to the width of the dash to accommodate them. It also looks better then the giant lump like the Escape has on the upper part of the dash.

That lump is the worst.....compounded by the additional lump to add a CD slot. I won't buy an Escape because of it.

I think some brands do the tablet look better than others. The tablets also allow a manufacturer to more easily swap to a larger screen in a MCE if they want to, as they don't have to redesign the entire dash to accommodate it - they can just change the screen. It may lead to more change in that area (more similar to how phones switch) more often.

Edited by rmc523

That lump is the worst.....compounded by the additional lump to add a CD slot. I won't buy an Escape because of it.

It's time to ditch the in car CD player anyway. I don't know a single person who uses it. Even my friend who's stuck in 1992 (he prefers older technology. He exclusively uses Linux (the more obscure the better in some cases) on all of his computers/servers and recently built a box using FreeDOS to be used exclusively as a media player in his pole barn) uses his phone and an aftermarket radio in his car. Edited by fuzzymoomoo

It's time to ditch the in car CD player anyway. I don't know a single person who uses it. Even my friend who's stuck in 1992 (he prefers older technology. He exclusively uses Linux (the more obscure the better in some cases) on all of his computers/servers and recently built a box using FreeDOS to be used exclusively as a media player in his pole barn) uses his phone and an aftermarket radio in his car.

Oh I completely agree. I've never used the CD player in my Flex.......sorry, that's not true. I did put a DVD in it once to see if it could play it (it could), but that's the only time I've ever used it. I doubt most would even notice it's missing.

as a whole, I really like it! It looks leaps and bounds better then Infiniti. I like the interior too. The problem is that now Genesis has three sedans and no CUV models in a market that is demanding CUVs. I easily see this being the most popular model in the lineup, but the brand will not be all it can be unless it adapts to today's realities.

as a whole, I really like it! It looks leaps and bounds better then Infiniti. I like the interior too. The problem is that now Genesis has three sedans and no CUV models in a market that is demanding CUVs. I easily see this being the most popular model in the lineup, but the brand will not be all it can be unless it adapts to today's realities.

They're supposed to add at least 2 crossovers within the next year or two. They showed a concept of one a few months ago. I found the design odd though.

Genesis%2Bwants%2Bto%2Bbecome%2Ba%2Bcred

GV80-Concept-Exterior-Front.jpg

Edited by rmc523

I like the SUVs design language better than the G70's.

Right, but as Akriby pointed out, the production G70 differed substantially from the concept (especially the rear end), so it's probably likely that the GX80 (I'm surprised Lexus didn't put up a fight for that one, as they already have a GX) will also differ greatly from the concept.