First time F250 truck buyer looking for advice

bwags1023

All,

Looking for some advice on my first Ford truck purchase. I'm looking to purchase a F-250 Lariat. I've read up on all the rebates, discounts, etc and will check with the dealership. Realistically, say I pick a truck that has a $55K sticker. What should I expect to pay (before taxes, tag, fees)?

True Car is showing a discount of about $3,500 from sticker, but I've already read people getting $10K off the sticker price.

Any help is appreciated.

Brandon

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This is the time to get the best deal on a 2017. That sticker price must have been a 6.2 Lariat. I was looking at one that was 10 grand off. It was 47,000. Think it was missing the value package I wanted but had other stuff. I almost got it. Maybe I got lucky but found a 2017 Lariat, FX4 , Value package, and it had a diesel for 13,000 off the 63,000 sticker. I pulled the trigger. I love this truck. 3 grand more than I was going to spend on the gasser but now I have the 6.7, so I'm happy. I had to widen my search but it was worth it. Keep looking. They will only go up. No better time than then the next few months and good selections still.

Bwags, I see you are in Maryland, try Koons Ford. They have ridiculous prices on SD’s. $8k to as much as $13k off depending on the trim. So you can pretty much get a free Diesel engine and a few extras on them. I’m in southeast VA and used Koons price to negotiate with my dealer down the street and got a descent deal without having to drive to NOVA.

The only thing I see that is kind of shady is they show you how much the discount off the total MSRP including the $1295 destination fee and then they charge you the destination fee when they give you the “out the door price”. So they are kind of double dipping on that which makes their discount $1295 less than they indicate but still a good deal.