2017-18 carpet delete pros cons

Macmac350

• 1 month later...

ok thank you. I know its like 40 cheaper on lower models and more 100 on the king and plat. so it must be sound deadening and better vinyl on higher models.

The extra is probably due to the "premium vinyl floor covering" version in the high-end trucks includes two sets of floor mats while these are left out of in the "carpet delete" versions.

Edited by RPF

It costs extra for no carpet in high end models. I think better vinyl and sound damping.

Fixed/clarified my earlier post. Visually, the only difference seems to be that the "Premium" ones have "King Ranch" or "Platinum" molded into them. It is "rumored" that they come with better sound insulation but that has never actually been confirmed. The "carpet delete" that you can get on say an XLT doesn't come with any floor mats. On the "Premium" ones you get 2 sets of floor mats, a carpeted set and an all-weather rubber set. You also get the "nubs" that they lock onto. This is probably what accounts for the cost difference between the credit on the "carpet delete" option and the extra cost on the "premium" version.

Edited by RPF
  • Like 1