'19 Focus Hatchback Spied

I hope they do good with this. Focus has always been a great car that launches to rave reviews and then gets ignored for too long (at least in the US). I love mine and while my next car wont be C class sized, I really hope they get something competitive out there.

Edited by Anthony

Ugh, :doh: looks like the rear lights may be incandescent (turn signals for sure, and they look cheap)! This is becoming a main complaint of mine now with the new car/utilities that, and frankly no real imagination to the styling of the rear taillights (They seem like an afterthought Exception: Mustang). Hopefully, I will be pleasantly surprised when it is actually revealed. :drop:

Edited by danglin

I prefer incandescent bulbs. I can replace them myself when they burn out and don't cost hundreds of dollars

True, but how often do LED lights go out and need replaced? I suppose it would be easy enough to put LED bulbs in, but my main complaint is with the styling though. :headspin:

Or say you're a dufus and back into a pole (like me). That bezel is cheaper to replace than the embedded LED version. I'll take cheaper.

Ouch :ohsnap: One of these days you probably won't have a cheaper choice! :rant2::swear:

On my 2011 Mustang, I guess you could say I have the best of both worlds. The LED rear bulbs are not embedded. I did not care for the taillights and purchased Raxiom replacements. ;)

Edited by danglin

To this day the rear bumper cover on my red car has a hole in it because I'm not paying $400 for a new one

I can relate, my 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis has a hole in the front bumper cover (purchased with it) and I am not going to spend the money to replace it.

I have upgraded the headlight bulbs (Silverstar), put in LED foglights, reverse lights, third brake light, and I replaced the driver side rear taillight lens (full of moisture). Those were low cost upgrades.

Edited by danglin

The compact car market is shrinking. I don't think Ford should stick big money into it. I'm more concerned about the platform overall.

But I do agree it should just look like another refresh.

On the LED's, I can take or leave them on a compact car. On my Montego, I though having LED's would be great. Never have to replace a bulb. Yeah right. I had the whole thing go bad on my. I got lucky and found a nice one on Ebay for $200. Would have been over $500 if it was Ford fresh.

• Like 2

The compact car market is shrinking. I don't think Ford should stick big money into it. I'm more concerned about the platform overall.

But I do agree it should just look like another refresh.

On the LED's, I can take or leave them on a compact car. On my Montego, I though having LED's would be great. Never have to replace a bulb. Yeah right. I had the whole thing go bad on my. I got lucky and found a nice one on Ebay for $200. Would have been over $500 if it was Ford fresh

Essentially yes, LED were suppose to have some huge lifetime hours. BUT the lighting industry saw that the first round of LEDs were so reliable, that they were concerned they wouldn't make money in the future. So, they have designed LED's to not be perfect. I have alot of landscape LED lighting throughout my yard front and rear, and they are made from "Hampton Bay', the ones I bought years ago, are still working...the new ones I have bought in the last year or 2, will have the LED's start dying after a few months. So my local "big box" retailer has to deal with me exchanging them every few weeks. And they are aware, and corporate are looking for another supplier because it's an issue. Same with some interior recessed lighting that i have in my own home, and my rentals. So switching them out has been a constant battle.