Mariner

• 2 weeks later...
I'm about to buy a mariner, was wondering if any current owners have any thoughts/opinions on them. Thanks!

I hope this is not too late. I have had one since November 2004. A Black FWD Premier with the Leather and suede combo. To make a long story short . . . BUY IT! This is probably the most dependable car I have ever owned. I just love my Mariner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Can you get a CD player/Cassette/AM/FM radio in a 2005 Mariner?

A friend of mine was ready to purchase a 2005 Escape that had CD player/Cassette player/AM/FM radio.

After going to the Mercury dealership he saw a Mariner that he wanted but it only had a CD/AM/FM radio.

The salesperson said that it would not be a problem getting this changed, he even gave him a document stating the sound system would be changed as soon as they got it in.

But one month later when he went back to the dealership to ask when he would get this sound system he was then told by the dealership that they do not make a CD/Cassette/AM/FM radio for the Mariner.

Are the Mariner and Escape built in the same place? Can anyone verify if he is being told the truth or is this a typical dealership lying to make a sale? Thanks

• 1 month later...

Greetings!

Brand new to Blueoval!

I figured that since I have been in the market (my GF, actually) for one of the Escape/Tribute/Mariner trio that I might find this a good place to jump in!

Very interested to learn more about what ya'll have to say on the Mariner as well. Does anyone know of any good rebates/etc. coming up on the Mariner in the next couple of months?

I know Mazda has been doing "Tribute Days" and that sort of thing recently- so it makes me wonder.

• 1 month later...

My wife has one. She has the Convenience FWD model. She picked it up new in Jan '05. She likes it, although when her lease is up she's probably going to get an Escape. She would rather have a V6 but was kind of cash strapped when she bought the Mariner.

One thing I don't like about the tan colored interiors are the silver accents against the beige. I think it looks tacky. I'm not too crazy about the 2-toned seats as well. Other than that it's pretty much an Escape with different trim.

Edited by wr70beh

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a Mariner loaner and I really liked it. The engine has plenty of power off the line but it's still a Duratec so it's pretty harsh and anemic when you want to drive more aggressively. That is one engine I can't get along with! The Mariner seems a bit thin on optional equipment, that is my only complaint. Otherwise it's a huge cosmetic leap over the Escape. The 2007 Mariner update is fairly unsightly so I would buy one before '07.

• 5 weeks later...