Ford Ranger Raptor (ROW) - Official Ford Video

sullynd

So which SVT vehicle should they cancel in order to devote more resources to aftermarket parts? And how much profit should they lose?

It is not a zero sum game, and nobody suggested they should not build a vehicle in lieu of parts. I'm not sure why you so adamantly defend them on this. These are their own words:

Ford remains committed to innovation through performance, said Raj Nair, Ford group vice-president of global product development. [Ford Performance] will allow us to more quickly introduce products and accessories that meet the needs of customers around the world on-road and on the track.

"The deomographic is also getting younger: Ford says millennials are buying ST-branded vehicles at twice the rate of its other cars."

Clearly they think it's not just the old timers that are interested in performance vehicles. It is reasonable to surmise people who are interested in performance vehicles would be interested in improving the performance through Parts and Accessories.

"Ford claims the Performance organization will serve as an innovation laboratory, creating unique cars and parts for customers."

So parts are in their game plan, but they have been very slow with this.

It's not unreasonable for people to be disappointed with the speed of their progress with this program just like people are with the development of new vehicles. If you want to argue limited engineering resources, then sub it out to an aftermarket company and rebrand it. I don't prefer that but they could. I drive a Ford Performance vehicle and I would like some options from Ford, so it would be nice if they would move a little quicker.

Source:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.autoweek.com/article/car-news/heres-new-ford-performance-global-plan