Custom Search

Coming Up Next:
Lincoln Aviator

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Wish I had my brand new 2017 F150, 22 days in the ship

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   UCLA Bruin

UCLA Bruin

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 05-September 17
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2017 F150 Supercrew Lariat FX4

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:33 PM

Received my custom ordered 2017 F150 Supercrew Lariat FX4 in lightning blue with just the options I wanted 8/2. The love affair lasted just 12 days and less than 450 miles. The truck has been with Ford Valencia for 22 days now trying to work out a rubbing/grinding noise from the drive train. Now I'm told it is a defect in the rear axle assembly and they have ordered a replacement. Received my license plates, paid my first payment to Ford credit and I have nothing to show for it. Really disapointed in this purchase.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,982 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Focus, 2015 Focus

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:41 PM

I'm sorry this happened to you, but try to understand this:

Building thousands of these a day there's going to be a few defects and unfortunately sometimes they don't pop up until they get into a customer's hands. I know it sucks being without a car for any length of time (I've had issues not Transmission related with my Focus), but at least you can take solace in knowing it's covered under the warranty.

Hang in there bud, I'm sure it will be worth it :thumbsup:
  • ice-capades likes this

What? What happened?

#3 OFFLINE   tbone

tbone

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Raptor Supercrew

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:23 AM

Yes that does suck. I had some bad transmission components on the 10 speed of my Raptor and had to go to the shop with 1000 miles on it. They fixed it and it's been great ever since. When you build an 800,000 trucks a year there's bound to be a few bad parts in the mix unfortunately, so in my opinion, what they do to rectify the problem is really what matters. Hopefully you got a decent loaner to hold you over. If you didn't then you may want to say something about that. And if you can't let it go, there's always Chevy and Ram, but you won't have as nice a truck.

#4 ONLINE   MY93SHO

MY93SHO

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Joined 12-February 09

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:30 PM

Just finishing up replacing an engine in a new Buick Envision.

Years ago in Flandreau had a Dodge pickup (pre Ram) that had to be pulled off the transport with a bad transmission.

I happens.

#5 OFFLINE   92merc

92merc

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,696 posts
  • Joined 19-October 05
  • Current Vehicle:2007Mercury Montego : 2003 F150 SuperCrew

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:36 PM

Reliability on GM twins is right on par with the F150 according to True Delta.  Interesting that current generation is behind previous gen on both trucks.

https://www.truedelt...omparison,87-58

Dodge on the other hand...  Ooops!  RAM.

https://www.truedelt...parison,87-1175

#6 OFFLINE   UCLA Bruin

UCLA Bruin

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 05-September 17

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:34 PM

Ya, I know it is bound to happen in mass production and I hope to have a solid vehicle when it is done. It just keeps dragging out waiting on the part (day 23 and likely to go to 28). I was provided an rental car which I took advantage of after the first week. And Enterprise bumped me up into an Expedition. At this point I am working with the regional rep on some compensation beyond the repair. I already put all weather mats, Line-X and wheel well liners in it plus my Snugtop tonneau arrived and is on hold waiting to be installed.

#7 OFFLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,982 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Focus, 2015 Focus

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:47 PM

First, I'm glad you aren't a one and fine guy who creates an account to bitch about something never to be seen again. Take your shoes off and stay a while :)

Second, I'm glad the regional manager is giving you the hookup without much trouble :thumbsup:
  • twintornados likes this

What? What happened?

#8 OFFLINE   jasonj80

jasonj80

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 2,465 posts
  • Joined 12-December 04

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:28 PM

Received my custom ordered 2017 F150 Supercrew Lariat FX4 in lightning blue with just the options I wanted 8/2. The love affair lasted just 12 days and less than 450 miles. The truck has been with Ford Valencia for 22 days now trying to work out a rubbing/grinding noise from the drive train. Now I'm told it is a defect in the rear axle assembly and they have ordered a replacement. Received my license plates, paid my first payment to Ford credit and I have nothing to show for it. Really disapointed in this purchase.

At 30 days you'll qualify for Lemon laws. You might do better to go that route and get Ford to order you a 2018 as a replacement. 

http://www.dca.ca.go...les/englemn.pdf

#9 OFFLINE   tbone

tbone

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:03 PM

At 30 days you'll qualify for Lemon laws. You might do better to go that route and get Ford to order you a 2018 as a replacement. 

That's not a bad idea but you would have to wait longer to get the replacement.

#10 OFFLINE   tbone

tbone

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:24 PM

First, I'm glad you aren't a one and fine guy who creates an account to bitch about something never to be seen again. Take your shoes off and stay a while :)

Second, I'm glad the regional manager is giving you the hookup without much trouble :thumbsup:

I concur with Fuzzy. Welcome, stick around for a while.

#11 OFFLINE   fordtech1

fordtech1

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Ford Fusion SEL, 2007 Volvo C70, 2006 Mercury Mariner Hybrid, 2005 Ford Focus

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:40 PM

Granted I haven't dealt with lemon law on a vehicle so new. However, lemon law is not a great way to go. It takes a long time and usually better to just get your vehicle repaired if possible. Lemon law can take 6 months and you pay the mileage. In this case mileage is not a big issue.
Lemon law is, IMO, a last resort.
  • fuzzymoomoo likes this

#12 OFFLINE   fordmantpw

fordmantpw

akirby's stunt double

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,467 posts
  • Joined 30-January 06
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:2017 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 PowerStroke Diesel

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:06 AM

Ya, I know it is bound to happen in mass production and I hope to have a solid vehicle when it is done. It just keeps dragging out waiting on the part (day 23 and likely to go to 28). I was provided an rental car which I took advantage of after the first week. And Enterprise bumped me up into an Expedition. At this point I am working with the regional rep on some compensation beyond the repair. I already put all weather mats, Line-X and wheel well liners in it plus my Snugtop tonneau arrived and is on hold waiting to be installed.

Extended warranties are usually a good bargaining chip for things like this.  Shoot for the 100k (or even 125k) mile $0 deductible version.  

photo-thumb-15254.jpg

Future Vehicles
2020 Ford Explorer/Lincoln Aviator

Current Vehicles
'17 F350 Super Duty Crew Cab, Lariat, 4x4, 6.7L Diesel

'10 Mercury Milan

'09 Ford Flex Limited (wife's)

Past Vehicles
'08 F250 Super Duty Crew Cab, Lariat, 4x4, 6.4L Diesel
'05 Ford F150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 5.4 - sold @53k, not a single problem
'03 Ford Escape XLT
(wife's) Traded at 75k for '09 Flex
'99 Ford F150 XLT Regular Cab 4x4 5.4 - Sold @136k, then totaled by the new owner on the way to its new home :(
'96 Chevrolet Cavalier (wife's - she brought it into the marriage)
'86 Ford Bronco II XLT 4x4 5 Speed 2.9L - what a dog, and it cracked heads like no tomorrow. 150k+ on 4 engines

#13 OFFLINE   92merc

92merc

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,696 posts
  • Joined 19-October 05
  • Current Vehicle:2007Mercury Montego : 2003 F150 SuperCrew

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:07 AM

Considering his 2017 was a special order, you may not get all the same available options in the updated 2018.  Personally, I agree with shooting for a longer warranty.  If they vehicle doesn't have any issues, it will cost Ford nothing in the end.  But it will give the owner a good peace of mind knowing it'll be covered.

#14 OFFLINE   UCLA Bruin

UCLA Bruin

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 05-September 17

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:05 AM

Yep, I do feel the need to gripe a bit but ultimately I just want the truck I paid hard earned money for. I waiting almost 15 yrs for a new F150, replacing my '03 Lariat Supercrew bought in Dec 2012 which is going to my daughter who will soon be learning to drive. I ordered and waited 2 months +/- to get exactly what I wanted because I expected to keep it a long time. Boy did it drive and tow nicely. Driving up winding mtn roads with it almost made me forget it was a truck. Pretty thing too. Lariat Screw FX4 with 6.5' bed and the 3.5 ecoboost with 10 speed. Was a bit reluctant to go with newly revised engine and new tramsmission but I had been waiting and looking for a few years. Who would have thought something ad normally bulletproof as a rear axle would bite me.

Attached Files

#15 OFFLINE   fordmantpw

fordmantpw

akirby's stunt double

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,467 posts
  • Joined 30-January 06
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:2017 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 PowerStroke Diesel

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:21 AM

Awesome looking truck!  I feel you'll forget all about this once you get your truck back with that extended warranty.  :)

photo-thumb-15254.jpg

Future Vehicles
2020 Ford Explorer/Lincoln Aviator

Current Vehicles
'17 F350 Super Duty Crew Cab, Lariat, 4x4, 6.7L Diesel

'10 Mercury Milan

'09 Ford Flex Limited (wife's)

Past Vehicles
'08 F250 Super Duty Crew Cab, Lariat, 4x4, 6.4L Diesel
'05 Ford F150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 5.4 - sold @53k, not a single problem
'03 Ford Escape XLT
(wife's) Traded at 75k for '09 Flex
'99 Ford F150 XLT Regular Cab 4x4 5.4 - Sold @136k, then totaled by the new owner on the way to its new home :(
'96 Chevrolet Cavalier (wife's - she brought it into the marriage)
'86 Ford Bronco II XLT 4x4 5 Speed 2.9L - what a dog, and it cracked heads like no tomorrow. 150k+ on 4 engines

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·