2009 fusion door sill kick panel

Remini

Door sill panel (will add a generic pic) taken off while I had a leak from running the air/defroster. Front passenger side. That was a year ago by my dad. I fixed the leak, added new carpet and...I can't figure out how to put the sill back on. There are 2 clips on it. I thought there may be more but my dad says no. I wasn't with him when he decided to do this or I could have remembered. Anyhow. I can't get the piece to go back on properly. Any ideas, advice?

post-57489-0-39621700-1504218855_thumb.jpg

Theres a clip at the front top of the trim that slides into a slot below the bolt for the dash. Chances are the clip is broken. Not unusual. However the bottom clips will hold it on. On the bottom of the trim are two thin pieces of plastic that slides into two metal clips that are right beside the weather strip on the body. Line the plastic into those metal clips and pop it in place.

Thank you for the reply...Ok, that helped figure out the problem I think. Those two clips are attached to the plastic and not in next to the weather strip. So I need to figure out where exactly those clips go and get them locked in. As it is now the clips are attached to the plastic and no amount of pushing locks it into place. If you have any other advice, I'd appreciate it.

You are correct. I'm sorry I was thinking a different application. The plastic goes into the middle of the two clips. You can sometimes take a flat screwdriver and pop them out then stick them in the bottom of sill plate. The clips have Barb's that grab the plastic. Sometimes when the trim is pulled off it bends the Barb's back. Taking a flat screwdriver a d push in the middle of the clip to redirect the Barb's will help install clip onto sill.