Ranger Raptor

Nope! The base Raptor now starts at basically 50k. They will not be the exact same starting price. I think base vs base we'll see roughly a 10k price difference. If they don't price it in that range, then don't expect to sell many Ranger Raptors.

He's referring to a loaded one. And they don't have to sell many of them. It's not intended to be every other Ranger sold...

He's referring to a loaded one. And they don't have to sell many of them. It's not intended to be every other Ranger sold...

For comparable equipment packages, I expect their will be roughly 10k between the two is all I am saying. So a base should be 40k ish since the F150 Raptor starts at 50k. I am sure if you option a Ranger Raptor out with everything you will almost hit 60k.

Edited by jcartwright99

Will the Ranger have an aluminum body or not?

I'm still standing by what Joe Hinrichs said on an in plant Q&A: no, it will be steel.

I, on the other hand think that if its not all aluminum, it will have significant sub assemblies that are. Hood, doors and maybe bed. DSP is bidding on its work and they are only allowed to run aluminum.

I, on the other hand think that if its not all aluminum, it will have significant sub assemblies that are. Hood, doors and maybe bed. DSP is bidding on its work and they are only allowed to run aluminum.

It won't be doors, they're definitely bringing that to ISA according to one of the launch team guys I talked to.

Interesting. I'm hearing the old Focus door lines at DSP will be retooled for the Ranger doors.

When FAPA developed the T6, they looked at a lot of the existing tooling that Ford was using

with C1 and EUCD at the time and followed Ford then developing unified construction process.

So a lot of the manufacturing stages are similar and use like equipment, save for the frame

and marriage point differences.

I don't think that there's anything to be saved by going to alloy body and in like for like examples,

the now six year old T6 ranger so nigh on the same weight as the latest Colorado..

Meh, maybe 350-400 lb weight saving from an alloy body would be something to crow about but I'm betting that

the Ranger's lower pricing compared to F150 would see it badly exposed to potential shifts in commodity pricing.

Edited by jpd80

• 2 weeks later...

So a 2.7 liter TTV6 that has been massaged a bit? 330hp and 400FT/TQ. Hmmm....I would think that since it's lighter, it would be better and more maneuverable. I'd pay 40k for that.

It will north of 40K, and north of 45K if the CrewCab is the only cab configuration available; top end will be likely be north of 60K, It will probably use a 3.0L not the 2.7L.

Looks like Ranger Raptor is based on the current T6 Ranger and will probably be available outside North America. Makes sense as the final variant on the outgoing model like how the "RS" version of Ford models usually come out in the last 2 years of the model run.

But knowing Ranger Raptor is part of the range, I'm sure we will get the next generation for sure.

Edited by bzcat

I'm thinking this is part of a refresh for ROW markets since the video is calling it a 2018 model.

If the Aussy press is right we will be getting the next gen before they do. If the new body bolts onto the existing T6 frame then any suspension mods from the Ranger Raptor should be a bolt on as well.

Could anyone tell if it has a coil spring rear suspension or is it still leaves?

• Like 1

When the Ranger gets airborn at 49 seconds, you can see the SRA. and probably Watts Link from Everest and disc brakes.

Call me conservative but this Ranger Raptor was designed for the Aussie market (diesel) so I'm betting the V6 sound

is thanks to new V6 Powerstroke.......but hoping that it's Ecoboost at the same time. :)

https://www.ford.com.au/commercial/ranger/raptor/#overlay/content/ford/au/en_au/ranger-content/overlay-videos/raptor-videos/video1.html

2019-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Spy-66.jpg

Keep in mind, even if the Aussie Raptor has a V6 Powerstroke and not Ecoboost, it's not a big leap

to believe that an EB V6 could be another option on the same package, especially for North America.

Edited by jpd80

After seven years, it won't be just an MCE, it's a heavy evolution and a time of inclusive correction for North America.

The diesels, 2.2 I-4 and 3.2 I-5 Pumas are being replaced with 2.0 I-4 Ecoblue and 3.0 v6 Powerstroke.

This is an important and overdue change for Asian markets where 2.0 and 3.0 liter capacity limits are taxed,

the new engines will put Ranger buyers on the right side of those limits and reduce their tax costs.

The 2.5 TiVCT gasoline engine is being replaced but no word on what Ford will offer as gasoline centric North American models

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1