Anyone watch "Cars That Made America"?

Watched a 4 (maybe 5) hour special last night called "Cars that Made America." Very interesting historical background on Ford, Chrysler, the Dodge bros, and Sloan at GM. Presented as a historical accounting and probably pretty true to form but I was a bit skeptical on some aspects. All in all pretty interesting. I know most of you all are more in tune with the history of the industry than I and am interested in some opinions from you guys.

I watched it, saw some minor errors that made me chuckle - the '49 Ford debut and a brief display of advertising where the family could get two cars for more flexibility and the shot pans to a '55-'56 model and the one of Ed Cole taking Al Sloan out for a ride in a GM hotrod powered by a Ford flathead....other than that, it was interesting.

I did find that kind of funny also, as if you could simply bolt up a flathead into a GM drivetrain. Also, I found it a little hard to believe that Harry Bennett squared off, guns drawn, with the former FBI guy (can recall his name.) And Bennett's office looked to be in a parking structure.

And IIRC the Edsel was introduced in '59 the same year I was born. While I understood that it was ill timed for the market, grossly over styled, and overpriced, my perception was that it actually was a pretty solid and well engineered car. I could be wrong on that as I have no direct experience with the Edsel.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a chuckle out of the references to the GTO and John DeLorian. Scenes showed the wrong years of cars and of DeLorian street racing a '63 Buick LeSabre 4-door with the Dynaflow transmission which was the ultimate dog of a full-sized car (401 V-8 with one-speed transmission).

Obviously this was put together by some Hollywood type and not a true car guy.