2018 Reserve To Be Ordered

HofstraJet

Should I be concerned with allocations or anything else when choosing a dealer? Using x plan so pricing should be the same everywhere. Also, should I be concerned about the dealer saying x plan is ok now but changing their mind when vehicle comes in? Thanks for any advice.

Edited by HofstraJet

You should get a buyers order that at least says you are getting X plan. But honestly the dealer can change their mind at any time and refund your deposit no questions asked. Doubtful they would do that though.

The only thing you can do about allocation is stick to a dealer that sells quite a few Navigators, then make sure you have a low priority (10 is best, 19 is worst) on the order.

I've been told the opposite on a Ford forum but I'm unsure when he bought last. It may have been the particular dealer. Akirby, what are you referring to when you mentioned allocation and low priority? We are buying this winter but have not bought a car since 2005 and this will be our first Lincoln so we are really trying to get as educated as possible.

• Like 1

I've been told the opposite on a Ford forum but I'm unsure when he bought last. It may have been the particular dealer. Akirby, what are you referring to when you mentioned allocation and low priority? We are buying this winter but have not bought a car since 2005 and this will be our first Lincoln so we are really trying to get as educated as possible.

So is it better to buy from bigger dealership? We want a Navi Reserve but with 2nrd row bench. I have a feeling the majority of the reserves will have pass through or console with 2 bucket seat second rows so we may need to order. We want to use x-plan. I would consider our local dealer small to medium but we have a really big one about 45 min away. I've already been in contact with the local guy and he has been more than helpful. I don't think driving 45 minutes to save $500 is worth it seeing that the local salesperson and I have already been chatting. We want the best deal we can get but the back and forth playing multiple dealerships off each other part I am really dreading.

My understanding is that x plan pricing shouldn't vary by dealership. It was printed on my invoice last time. I too need a 2nd row bench (which was a deal breaker on getting Black Label) and did not want the rear seat entertainment system so I'm ordering as well. Plan to order next week as my lease ends in November.

My understanding is that x plan pricing shouldn't vary by dealership. It was printed on my invoice last time. I too need a 2nd row bench (which was a deal breaker on getting Black Label) and did not want the rear seat entertainment system so I'm ordering as well. Plan to order next week as my lease ends in November.

Ah, good to know. So when you place your order do you get your final x-plan price then or just MSRP and then the x-plan price at delivery?

They should be able to give you the x plan price when you order. You can also get it online with build and price via fordpartner.com if that's how you get your pins or from the friends and family website for those pins.

X plan price is the same at all dealers. As long as your dealer has several vehicles in stock you should be ok. The ones to worry about are the ones who only sell a few of a particular model every year.

They should be able to give you the x plan price when you order. You can also get it online with build and price via fordpartner.com if that's how you get your pins or from the friends and family website for those pins.

X plan price is the same at all dealers. As long as your dealer has several vehicles in stock you should be ok. The ones to worry about are the ones who only sell a few of a particular model every year.

Thanks so much for this info, akirby!! I wasn't aware I could get the x-plan price on the Lincoln build and price site, I'm building now. Next step is to get the wife's ok.....then the hard part of waiting until delivery.

With a Job #1 Date of 09/25/2017, I wouldn't expect retail orders to start scheduling until early to mid-November meaning dealership ETA's after New Year's.

So I've spoken with my local dealer and will go in to make our order in the next few days. Should I try to negotiate below the x-plan price or is that as low as I can hope to go on the vehicle. We have a trade in (2005 Subaru Baja) and we are probably going to go with an extended warranty since we plan on keeping this vehicle for 8-10 yrs, the dealer said it would be around $2400 + $850 to continue their pick up our car at our house service for any service but that they could work with us on that cost. We will pay for at least 60% of the vehicle up front. Do you think is any more room to negotiate?

You can do slightly better than X plan under the right circumstances but you have to be careful. Without X plan you don't have protection from high doc fees. If they give you a price that's $300 below invoice but they add a $700 doc fee that's way more than you would have paid under X plan.

You don't need an extended warranty for them to pick up and drop off your vehicle for service. All 2017 Lincolns have that standard now.

You can do slightly better than X plan under the right circumstances but you have to be careful. Without X plan you don't have protection from high doc fees. If they give you a price that's $300 below invoice but they add a $700 doc fee that's way more than you would have paid under X plan.

You don't need an extended warranty for them to pick up and drop off your vehicle for service. All 2017 Lincolns have that standard now.

Thanks for clearing up the cost of paper work and how the xplan works. You have been a huge help and I appreciate it.

In regards to the pickup and drop off service, I was told that the service would only last for the length of the standard 4 year 50,000 mile warranty and if I wanted to have it for longer I could get the extended warranty. Does it last longer than the regular warranty? Being a stay at home dad with 2 kids under 2 this service was a big selling point for me as I don't have time to do my own repairs/maintenance outside of basic oil changes.

Edited by boredinbirmingham