Custom Search

Coming Up Next:
Lincoln Aviator

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2018 Chevrolet Traverse first drive: Better looking, weirder shifting

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   meyeste

meyeste

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 159 posts
  • Joined 13-August 05

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:35 PM

I went and looked at one tonight, they had the $51k High Country version on display, I thought the seats looked small, and didn't feel like a seat I'd want to sit in for more than 30 minutes. I am 5'10" and weigh 170. I did like the saddle brown color of the seats in the high country model and would pay extra for them in a FORD. I think the traverse is priced high, though I am fairly certain everyone that buys a GM does it because they get a discount so MSRP's are probably rarely paid. 

One other thing they did get right is the third row could accommodate three teenagers and it would appear with the second row seats removed and the third row seats folded down you could get a 4x8 sheet of drywall in there. I realize I'd never do this however the 4x8 drywall sheet laying flat is a benchmark I won't compromise on.  Which is why I have kept my Odyssey around long past necessity, quite honestly it can almost hold as much as the 6' bed of F150. I am looking to replace both the Truck and Van with one vehicle which will likely be the next generation Explorer or the Expedition depending on the capability if the next generation Explorer. 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Anthony

Anthony

Voice of reason

• 5,343 posts
  • Joined 08-May 01
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Focus Hatch

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:48 PM

I went and looked at one tonight, they had the $51k High Country version on display, I thought the seats looked small, and didn't feel like a seat I'd want to sit in for more than 30 minutes. I am 5'10" and weigh 170. I did like the saddle brown color of the seats in the high country model and would pay extra for them in a FORD. I think the traverse is priced high, though I am fairly certain everyone that buys a GM does it because they get a discount so MSRP's are probably rarely paid. 

One other thing they did get right is the third row could accommodate three teenagers and it would appear with the second row seats removed and the third row seats folded down you could get a 4x8 sheet of drywall in there. I realize I'd never do this however the 4x8 drywall sheet laying flat is a benchmark I won't compromise on.  Which is why I have kept my Odyssey around long past necessity, quite honestly it can almost hold as much as the 6' bed of F150. I am looking to replace both the Truck and Van with one vehicle which will likely be the next generation Explorer or the Expedition depending on the capability if the next generation Explorer. 

My wife has a last-gen Traverse LTZ with the saddle brown seats, they are pretty sweet looking.

I have not checked out the new ones yet, but a couple things you mentioned makes me think the new ones are better and worse at the same time.

One: the seats in my wifes Traverse are super comfy. Wide, soft, heated and cooled. We took a 6 hour drive on vacation this past summer and still felt great when we pulled into the hotel.

Two: you cant fit a 4X8 piece of drywall in the last gen flat on the floor. I just brought one home a few days ago for a bathroom reno. It had to go in at an angle. I really miss her old minivan for that reason.

I do like the style of the new ones. Im not a big fan of the style of the last gen, but my wife likes it and she drives it so I dont really care.

#23 OFFLINE   tbone

tbone

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,437 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Raptor Supercrew

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:17 PM

The new one is squarely aimed at the Explorer and the body bares a striking resemblance to the Explorer with the exception of the face.

#24 OFFLINE   meyeste

meyeste

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 159 posts
  • Joined 13-August 05

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

My wife has a last-gen Traverse LTZ with the saddle brown seats, they are pretty sweet looking.

I have not checked out the new ones yet, but a couple things you mentioned makes me think the new ones are better and worse at the same time.

One: the seats in my wifes Traverse are super comfy. Wide, soft, heated and cooled. We took a 6 hour drive on vacation this past summer and still felt great when we pulled into the hotel.

Two: you cant fit a 4X8 piece of drywall in the last gen flat on the floor. I just brought one home a few days ago for a bathroom reno. It had to go in at an angle. I really miss her old minivan for that reason.

I do like the style of the new ones. Im not a big fan of the style of the last gen, but my wife likes it and she drives it so I dont really care.

Good feedback thanks, the saddle brown is nice, it's been awhile since I have seen the older Traverse, other than to say I didn't notice the seats were small, I couldn't say. However as soon as I opened the door of the high country I noticed the seat width was narrow and the thickness of the cushion was slim. I always sit in every seat of any vehicle I am considering and decide whether I could handle sitting there; the answer has to be "yes" or I walk away. I didn't actually test drive the Traverse, unless they were willing to knock 7-8k I simply wouldn't consider one. Also I know better than to buy a first model year vehicle, especially from GM. 

Edited by meyeste, 19 October 2017 - 04:00 PM.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service | DMCA ·