Custom Search

Coming Up Next:
Lincoln Aviator

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Upgraded Sync 3 to 2.2 - error on Voice Recognition

sync 3 upgrade error

Best Answer segald , 13 September 2017 - 09:41 PM

So I finally got the old girl to the dealer...they were able to fix it - they said that the download didn't complete and I should have picked "English" as the language preference...I don't recall having an option to pick any kind of language.  A salesman told me that software update failures happen a lot and it is a normal thing.  The important thing is that it is fixed and I wasn't charged for anything.

d

I made an appt with the dealer...i believe the service writer I spoke to never heard of this problem before...so, my appt is not for a few weeks.  In the meantime, I did a chat thru the Ford website and the person I chatted with gave me two suggestions to try, one would reset the Sync and the other had something to do with locking the door and unlocking it, it was weird...and when that didn't work, she suggested I make an appt with the dealer...so, I will keep trying until then.

d

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   segald

segald

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 06-June 16
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Edge

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:28 PM

So I decided to do the upgrade to 2.2 on my 2016 Edge...I downloaded the info from the Ford site onto my computer and put it on a thumb drive...the upgrade went thru without any problems and everything seemed fine until I put an address into the Navigation and didn't hear any audio/map instructions.  I figured the mute button was turned on but that wasn't the case.  In fact, the mute button on the screen has a "slash" thru it as if it was set to Mute, but when I click on it, it just changes color but the slash still stays on it (and there is no Navigation control instructions in either case).  The radio/Sirius is fine...when I hit the button for Voice on the steering wheel, nothing happens except for the following message - Voice Recognition Not Ready.  I thought maybe I didn't unzip all 3 of the files so I redid that in my computer...then I was told to try a Hard Reset, which I did, but it's still not giving me Sound (although it did keep the new update 2.2).  

When I hit the mute button on the steering wheel, it does Mute the radio and when I hit it again, that sound comes back without any problem.

Any ideas?

Thank you...

Dave

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 26,211 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Ti (Ruby Red)

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:45 AM

Have you tried adjusting the volume while the voice control is supposed to be speaking?  Maybe it just got turned down to 0.

• ice-capades likes this

2013 Fusion Titanium (Ruby Red)
2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve (Luxe/Cappucino)

#3 OFFLINE   segald

segald

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 06-June 16

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:11 PM

Have you tried adjusting the volume while the voice control is supposed to be speaking?  Maybe it just got turned down to 0.

You know, I don't think I did try that...but I will in the morning...while I would hope that it wasn't something that simple, I guess I would be OK with that...I will let you know.  Thanks for the reply.

segald

#4 OFFLINE   segald

segald

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 06-June 16

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:41 PM

I did try to adjust the volume...I also re-uploaded the new version to a flash and tried it again...still getting the error regarding Voice Recognition not ready.  I will give the dealer a call and see what they say.

dave

#5 OFFLINE   segald

segald

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 06-June 16

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:34 PM

I made an appt with the dealer...i believe the service writer I spoke to never heard of this problem before...so, my appt is not for a few weeks.  In the meantime, I did a chat thru the Ford website and the person I chatted with gave me two suggestions to try, one would reset the Sync and the other had something to do with locking the door and unlocking it, it was weird...and when that didn't work, she suggested I make an appt with the dealer...so, I will keep trying until then.

d

I did try to adjust the volume...I also re-uploaded the new version to a flash and tried it again...still getting the error regarding Voice Recognition not ready.  I will give the dealer a call and see what they say.

dave

#6 OFFLINE   segald

segald

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 06-June 16

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:41 PM   Best Answer

So I finally got the old girl to the dealer...they were able to fix it - they said that the download didn't complete and I should have picked "English" as the language preference...I don't recall having an option to pick any kind of language.  A salesman told me that software update failures happen a lot and it is a normal thing.  The important thing is that it is fixed and I wasn't charged for anything.

d

d

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·