Toyota Driver (Kyle Busch) Calls Brad A Moron

bdegrand

This is why they should dump the manufacturers and go to a common platform and get it over with. Who gives a rip anyway anymore.

Well, this article about Spec engines for the failing Truck Series might be a start. However, Toyota is totally against it. I wonder why!!

http://autoweek.com/article/nascar/nascar-trucks-crossroads-teams-shutting-down-impending-spec-engine-program

IMO it then becomes a complete farce instead of a 50% farce.

Agree 100%. I bleed blue as much as anyone and I haven't watched a complete NASCAR race all year, even when I DVR them. It has gotten to the point where I don't give a crap anymore and most people I talk to feel the same, regardless of what brand they like, if any. When it becomes a driver only series, which is what most open-wheel series have become, I lose interest. Call me old school or whatever you want but differing opinions won't change how I feel as I'm just as certain mine won't change yours. It's called freedom of thought...something this world is losing at an alarming pace.

Agree 100%. I bleed blue as much as anyone and I haven't watched a complete NASCAR race all year, even when I DVR them. It has gotten to the point where I don't give a crap anymore and most people I talk to feel the same, regardless of what brand they like, if any. When it becomes a driver only series, which is what most open-wheel series have become, I lose interest. Call me old school or whatever you want but differing opinions won't change how I feel as I'm just as certain mine won't change yours. It's called freedom of thought...something this world is losing at an alarming pace.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not advocating for drivers only Series. I believe the manufacturers should be able to do what the want within a few defined parameters. I care about the manufacturers more than the drivers.

Well you guys can take something and make a silver lining out of it.

Now everyone knows that NASCAR engines, no matter the manufacturer, are proprietary equipment. These parts are not available to the general public.

Much of the lower category oval track racing you see like ARCA and All Pro use a spec engine based on the Gm LS3 foundation. Cool huh? You go to the track and the Fords and Toyotas are sporting ls engines. No thanks.

The good part however is that Ford alone does actually have an avenue through which they can funnel top tier NASCAR technology to the lower ranks.

The program I am talking about is the Roush- Yates RY45 push rod V8.

This engine is very similar to the Ford FR9 NASCAR engine. In fact I think most parts interchange creating an outlet for used Cup and Xfinity engine parts.

Most of these used parts have plenty of life in them but are cycled out due to big team duty cycle parameters.

Ford is alone in this. You cannot get direct access to Toyota or Gm NASCAR hard parts specifically the cylinder blocks.

Gm will never supplant their LS oval track program nor do I think you will ever see Toyota deal their Cup engines to privateers.

So with that these RY45 engines can serve many roles from short tracks to off road racing. From Pikes Peak to Bonneville and even heads up drag racing.

So there's a silver lining at least from my perspective.