Toyota Driver (Kyle Busch) Calls Brad A Moron

bdegrand

Ok....In my "opinion" and with only 3 races left till the finals, NASCAR had the best opportunity to test these manufacturers for any differences. As expected, they didn't. Ford won the first race and the Toyotas, as usual, dominated at the end. I personally see some potential favoritism since,if in fact, Brad was determined to be correct....how would NASCAR handle it? Again, only 3 races to go.....so now, let's see what happens.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nascar-rumors-additional-cars-michigan-133601976.html

Edited by bdegrand

Before Kyle Larson figured out the magic formula, yeah.

It was going to be Toyota 1-2-3 (Truex, Jones,Kenseth) ....until the caution with less than 10 laps to go. Even Truex admitted he should have won but screwed up the restart.

I attended MIS...faithfully every year, when Ford seemed dominant, before Toyota. The attendance was packed full every year..and prospectors outside looking for tickets. Now the stands aren't full anymore and the fourth turn bleachers are completely removed due to low turnout. It's obvious NASCAR has a Bristol race which they really can't test horsepower...so it appears Darlington will be the track to compare makers. It's obvious to me the dominant cars are Truex and Kyle Busch for the championship. Larson is a possibility....but nobody else is close enough.

Toyota has dominated 88 % of lead laps in the past 5 races. I think NASCAR wants a new manufacturer to win it. It's all about sponsors....and Toyota brings a bunch! Remember, France brought them in for a reason.

Even though Toyota just won a championship with Kyle a Busch 2 years ago? I'm all for a good conspiracy now and then but I'm not buying that one.

Away from conspiracies and unto the facts which are Toyota has a new front end and engine package allowed for 2017. TRD has focused on improving the outcome of that package for the past couple months. As competitors like Brad have mentioned recently ..Toyota has increased an advantage of a tenth or two which has resulted in an obvious advantage. "They definitely found something!" Unlike in the past years when NASCAR often tested the manufacturers and presented changes (new reinforce spoilers, restriction plate openings, etc). However, this year I am not aware that NASCAR has done any of that...despite the clear dominance of the Toyota teams in the past 5-6 races. Of course, I'm a Ford guy...but watching the obvious power of the Toyotas lately....it seems they are ahead. I would hope testing the 3 makes after Darlington would be worthwhile.

TRD is huge in comparison to Ford using just Roush / Yates for engine development. I don't think Ford even allows any of the Ford teams in NASCAR to do any engine development which I think is a mistake.

Another sign of how Toyota is developing into a dominant force in NASCAR. The truck series is just another example. Ford lost any competitive challenge to Toyota, thanks to TRD....so they are pulling out. As Bart Simpson says: "can't win, why try!"

http://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/08/17/brad-keselowski-racing-will-end-operations-end-2017/

TRD is huge in comparison to Ford using just Roush / Yates for engine development. I don't think Ford even allows any of the Ford teams in NASCAR to do any engine development which I think is a mistake.

I had to post this article on how TRD is incredibly high tech with research and development (2 Major facilities)..

SALISBURY, N.C. -- If Toyota teams appear to be winning most of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races these days -- and the latest numbers support such a belief -- perhaps part of the reason for that success can be traced from the race tracks to the team shops to here.

Here being Toyota Racing Development, or TRD, one of two such venues where the focus is on just that and nothing more. Toyotas. Racing. And development.

Except for a sign mounted on the outside wall facing the parking lot, the building is a nondescript brick, block and glass structure tucked back off the highway and surrounded by trees.

Inside, however, reside various pieces of equipment that can measure and simulate any race setup under any given condition.

There is a pull-down rig, an eight-post shaker rig, an AVCS (advanced vehicle cornering simulator) that also measures center of gravity height, and a full-blown race simulator in which drivers can log laps at just about any track on the series' schedules.

The facility, isn't Sprint Cup specific. XFINITY and Camping World Truck Series teams have access to the facility and the tools within as well.

A similar facility located in Costa Mesa, California, has been around a good bit longer. The focus there is on the design and development, testing and production of race engines.

Doesn't that support the theory that it's simply better engineering and not NASCAR favoritism?

It is better engineering which obviously gives them an advantage, however, NASCAR is also responsible, as in the past, to keep an even playing field which should include testing/comparing the competitors after the race. They have NOT done that so far, and I hope they use Darlington rather than Bristol for the comparison.

It is better engineering which obviously gives them an advantage, however, NASCAR is also responsible, as in the past, to keep an even playing field which should include testing/comparing the competitors after the race. They have NOT done that so far, and I hope they use Darlington rather than Bristol for the comparison.

But what are they comparing? The only thing they should be making sure of is that the starting point is comparable. If all they want to do is ensure parity of race results then they can do that based on race results. But that means you'd be penalizing good drivers for being good drivers and penalizing teams for better engineering.

Look at it this way - if Ford did the same thing would you be complaining or just saying that Ford should be congratulated for their accomplishment?

But what are they comparing? The only thing they should be making sure of is that the starting point is comparable. If all they want to do is ensure parity of race results then they can do that based on race results. But that means you'd be penalizing good drivers for being good drivers and penalizing teams for better engineering.

Look at it this way - if Ford did the same thing would you be complaining or just saying that Ford should be congratulated for their accomplishment?

In my opinion it's much more than the driver and that is why NASCAR would impound the finishers and evaluate the cars after a race to perform DYNO tests to see who, if any, had a horsepower advantage. It was often common place years ago before Toyota. Bottom line, it kept the competition on a fair playing field. NASCAR is not that popular anymore and what "won on Sunday sold on Monday" is history.

So let's say you and I both start with the same engines and you figure out a way to get more HP from your engine than I can (e.g. - Hendrick's valve springs). Should NASCAR penalize you for that? If they do then what incentive is there for anyone to improve?

So let's say you and I both start with the same engines and you figure out a way to get more HP from your engine than I can (e.g. - Hendrick's valve springs). Should NASCAR penalize you for that? If they do then what incentive is there for anyone to improve?

Isn't this exactly what IMSA does with BOP?

Also in the past NASCAR use to take some of the cars including the winner and dyno them like was said. And then make changes to the rear spoiler based on the HP level. Ford did get penalized quite a bit back then.

Not just Ford. Remember how the "honest Joe" Toyota team was caught cheating when the dyno test uncovered the hidden magnets after the MIS race.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/08/18/nascar-uncovers-cheating-by-joe-gibbs-racing.html