Chevy will field Camaro in Cup series starting in '18

IMSA-XJR9

http://www.racer.com/nascar/item/143063-chevy-will-field-camaro-in-cup-series-starting-in-18

Chevy_2.jpg

Chevy will field the Camaro ZL1 in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series starting in 2018. The ZL1 features a 650-horsepower supercharged engine and 90-degree V-8 configuration similar to Cup racing engines.

So . . . will FMC make the switch to Mustang in Cup? (The Xfinity Mustang looks horrible in my opinion.)

And nobody will notice one way or the other.

Probably true, but racing car fans might (even if it is just a body shell over a frame). I like seeing new race cars, but with the Camaro already in Xfinity . . . . not that big of deal I suppose.

Edited by IMSA-XJR9

The cars are a bit more brand specific than they used to be--maybe because that's one of the ways Nascar can engineer results.

Also, am I the only one amused by the fact that the Nascar Camaro has better visibility and a larger greenhouse than the production model?

Edited by RichardJensen
  • Like 3

The cars are a bit more brand specific than they used to be--maybe because that's one of the ways Nascar can engineer results.

Also, am I the only one amused by the fact that the Nascar Camaro has better visibility and a larger greenhouse than the production model?

LOL, POTW

I thought the top tier series which used to be called Winston Cup were supposed to be mid or full size coupes or sedans? No pony cars or sports cars.

This is yet another concession they have given the "general" in my opinion.

What difference does it make? The rest of the car is identical. It's just a different front bumper/grille.