2016/17 Edge Sport Cool Features

Vinnyfast

There appears to be some features, especially with the Sport, that are not mentioned within the product guides, brochures, or manuals, or at least not to my knowledge.

While I read over most of the manual, and I previously owned a 2011 Ford Edge SEL (purchased new), I've only had my current 2016 Edge Sport for 3 days, and each day am noticing some cool feature I happen to stumble upon.

I would be interested if anyone knows of any cool features, other than the vehicle listed options, than I might not be aware of, or something you think is cool!!

My previous Edge was coming up on almost 6 years, had 105,000km and ran flawlessly for the entire time. Always used synthetic oil, and had a CAI from K&N.

Sounded amazing when pushing the throttle, but very quiet within normal city driving. I also saw an increase in fuel economy, keeping it at under 100kph

for at least 75kn of driving, from 7.3L/100km to 6.6L/100km BONUS!!

As for my new Edge Sport, I love all the techy features and safety it has to offer, especially with the 2.7L ecoboost.

So having owned it for just 3 days, here's a couple of things I came across which I found interesting.

1. Had my ambient lighting set to blue, but changes to red on the door that opens (guess a safety feature, but thought it was broken, haha.

2. While receiving a call thru bluetooth, my fan speed on the AC went down, then back up when call ended, so I can hear the person

on the other end, nice!

3. While 'testing' the lane keep assist in the city, and it works amazing, car started to drift over the line but steered me back

into my lane before crossing the line, then a notice flashed in my left screen telling me to keep my hands on the wheel!!

4.Was able to update from Sync1.0 to 2.2 and now have Android Auto! (must have a 32gb drive and formatted as exFAT (IMPORTANT or it won't work)

5. I remotely started from more than 300 feet away while I was in a store (was at Walmart so had to park far), and while inside the building thru the concrete walls! , and that's with the key fob.

If I come across any more, will keep you posted.

If anyone knows of any other cool features that may or may not be listed anywhere, please share, would love to hear them!!

Edited by Vinnyfast
  • Like 1

Crazy how much WHP you can get from these ecoboost engines, especially with the pickups, but none state how long they last after the mods.

In future, maybe closer to when the warranty is about to expire, I want to incorporate a tune (software), and add a CAI/exhaust),

which will increase the WHP to 330, pushing into Porsche territory (0-60 in 4.3 sec)

Thanks!...heard about that, tried it earlier today, but only front windows rolled down, no sunroof or rear windows.

Is there another trick to opening all the windows and sunroof? Basically I clicked the open door lock on the fob once,

then held the button to roll them down.

Thanks!...heard about that, tried it earlier today, but only front windows rolled down, no sunroof or rear windows.

Is there another trick to opening all the windows and sunroof? Basically I clicked the open door lock on the fob once,

then held the button to roll them down.

Press the lock button twice and hold on the 2nd press until the windows activate.

• Like 1

Just found another cool feature,

Memory Feature

Using the Memory Feature

The memory feature allows you to recall the memory presets of the driver seat, power mirrors, steering column and power adjustable foot pedals. To recall your memory presets, press the unlock button on the remote control or activate intelligent access. The mirrors will move to their programmed positions and the seat will move to the easy entry position, if the easy entry feature has been enabled. The seat will then move to its final preset position when the ignition is switched into the on position.

Programming Memory to the Transmitter

• Move the driver seat, power mirrors, steering column and power adjustable foot pedals to the desired positions.
  • Press and hold button 1 until you hear a tone confirming the setting. Continue to hold the button until you hear a second tone.
  • Within three seconds of the second tone, press the lock button on the remote control.
  • Wait 10 seconds and then press the unlock button on the remote control.
  • Repeat this procedure to set another memory button and/or transmitter, if desired.

Deactivating Memory from the Transmitter

• Press and hold the button you want to delete for five seconds. A tone will sound when the memory wipe is complete. Continue to hold the button until you hear a second tone.
  • Within three seconds of the second tone, press the unlock button on the remote control.
  • Repeat this procedure for additional presets and transmitters, if desired.