1.0L EcoBoost

Melltimejr

Hey Guys,

2007 Focus owner, very tempted by the current $5,500 off promo that Ford is offering. Thinking of grabbing a 1.0L SE, since with the promo, my dad's Z-Plan, and a modest trade in, I could probably be out-the-door for under 16k. Just wondering what the opinion of the masses is pertaining to the 1.0L engine. YouTube videos seem mostly complimentary of it. Do you guys like it? Durability to last well past 100k miles?

Additionally, if I grabbed one, I'd pair it with the automatic transmission. I know this generation of Focus has had significant transmission issues...has that been cleaned up by now?

Thanks!

The 1.0 doesn't have the problem Transmission.

I test drove one in 2015 and loved it. The only reason we didn't get one was because there was a few features that aren't offered with the 1.0 that we wanted.

I did notice that the 1.0 has the "selectshift" transmission, whereas the 2.0 has the "powershift". It's the latter that's the problem child than?

• Like 1