Toyota/Mazda to Build EVs at new $1.6 billion US plant

rmc523

Hard to know but Ford will want ifs money back on those as they were delivered after CD4 Mondeo.

Looking at sales,

Hermosillo could be back on one shift and unless Ford has plans for more product there, I see it closing

and Fusion production moving elsewhere, If Ford is planning something like that, then it would also explain

why Focus was switched to China...

I think it is the opposite. They are planning to consolidate Mondeo and Fusion production at Hermosillo, that's why Focus is moving to China.

I think it is the opposite. They are planning to consolidate Mondeo and Fusion production at Hermosillo, that's why Focus is moving to China.

It's certainly easier to add near products like the Mondeos, especially if the rumors are true and Mondeo Sport gets the 2.7EB...

it also means that Hermosillo would also be doing LHD and RHD versions for Europe, UK and ROW markets...interesting.

Edited by jpd80

If you cannot afford to have multiple production sites (either due to investment cost constrains, or forecasting declining volumes), then Mexico is ideal location for single site production if you want to supply the same vehicle(s) to North America, South America, and Europe due to tariff preference.

No different than the Edge in Oakville or the Mustang in FRAP.

Volume of exports is much higher.

and maybe Bronco at MAP

I would love to think that Ford NA approved T6 Bronco as a RHD,

IMO, it would be a much better fit for our Aussie market than Expedition.

f you cannot afford to have multiple production sites (either due to investment cost constrains, or forecasting declining volumes), then Mexico is ideal location for single site production if you want to supply the same vehicle(s) to North America, South America, and Europe due to tariff preference.

Just be aware that South America now heavily restricts a lot of automotive imports form Mexico

in order to protect its own production plants in Brazil and Argentina for starters but your point is

taken regarding NAFRA preference and if Europe drops its import charges.(?)

Edited by jpd80