Caddy: CT5 to replace three sedans, EVs coming.

silvrsvt

Wow - this must be killing Johan. It's so un-german.....

It certainly vindicates what we've been saying all along about ATS/CTS.

How much do you think Caddy wasted on ATS/CTS - all new vehicles - with such a short lifespan?

From the article, I gathered they'll still have 3 sedans, though. An A3-sized model (CT4?), CT5 (ATS/CTS/XTS replacement), and CT6.

Renamed or replace with new vehicles?

Renamed from ATS to CT3/4 and CTS to CT5

I've seen the GM trademark filings somewhere, the decision eas made earlier this year.

I believe there adding a coupe/convertible to the CT5 also because IMO it was going to be a "separate model" based on the CTS under the old nomenclature system.

I wonder if all of Cadillac's slow selling sedans could be replaced by one decent sized sedan that embodies all that

Cadillac traditionally stands for in terms of ride, comfort and style. Could they just go back to something around the

size of the Zeta Commodore / Pontiac G8 / Chevrolet SS?

I just don't see any real purchase or leverage in going after the compact sedan market with reduced interest in cars

in general. Perhaps GM should go back to something it can build that complements the range of coming Utilities

and acts as a counterpoint to those vehicles..

• Like 1

It's like GM overcompensated by trying too hard, over delivered and over shot buyer expectations by a long way.

GM lost so many existing buyers in the scramble to elevate Cadillac that new buyers simply could not replace them.

Buick really missed out in all of this, the Alpha based ATS and CTS would have made fine replacements for Verano and Regal

while the Chinese market would have swallowed so many sales of both and bank rolled the whole thing.

Camaro, a new SS and CTS could have been developed on Omega and joined CT6 production,

Chevrolet and Cadillac would then have premium car products that did not clash with each other.

Edited by jpd80

A Stealth airplane? Because it sure doesn't look like the Dodge Stealth which I can't figure out how to upload a picture of.

My media only things I have previously uploaded, Image requires an "URL" such as a photobucket link. No idea how to upload an image from my laptop...used to be able to.

A Stealth airplane? Because it sure doesn't look like the Dodge Stealth which I can't figure out how to upload a picture of.

My media only things I have previously uploaded, Image requires an "URL" such as a photobucket link. No idea how to upload an image from my laptop...used to be able to.

Go to More Reply Options and you can browse and upload a local picture.

It's like GM overcompensated by trying too hard, over delivered and over shot buyer expectations by a long way.

GM lost so many existing buyers in the scramble to elevate Cadillac that new buyers simply could not replace them.

Those cars that GM were attracting customers with were unprofitable and mostly uncompetitive, least with the current crop you have money being earned with each sale.

Buick really missed out in all of this, the Alpha based ATS and CTS would have made fine replacements for Verano and Regal

while the Chinese market would have swallowed so many sales of both and bank rolled the whole thing.

Camaro, a new SS and CTS could have been developed on Omega and joined CT6 production,

Chevrolet and Cadillac would then have premium car products that did not clash with each other.

I wouldn't make that claim too soon..... Edited by Fgts

Try to remember that this is not really about the US market. Cadillac's strategy since CT6 is to "supersize" to compete with the LWB version of competitor's offering in the target price range.

The problem with CTS was that it lacks LWB version and GM addressed that with CT6.

So CT6, which is roughly size of BMW 7-series is competing with LWB version of 5-series/E-class/A6L.

And CT5, which I have no doubt will continue to be the size of 5-seres will be compete with LWB version of 3-series/C-Class/A4L.

And CT4, which will probably be around the size of current ATS (not ATS-L) will compete 1-series/A-class/A3. Of course Cadillac can also future proof itself this time against LWB of 1-series/A-class/A3L, which I wouldn't rule out.

I wonder in that vein of CT6 being a LWB equivalent for CTS, whether Cadillac would consider

shifting CTS over to Omega and make the CT5 a true SWB version of CT6.....

Yeah, I know highly improbably and would leave Alpha with even less tie in with Cadillac

but Omega seems much more Cadillac like that Alpha

I wonder in that vein of CT6 being a LWB equivalent for CTS, whether Cadillac would consider

shifting CTS over to Omega and make the CT5 a true SWB version of CT6.....

Yeah, I know highly improbably and would leave Alpha with even less tie in with Cadillac

but Omega seems much more Cadillac like that Alpha

Well, GM likes to create and throw away platforms anyway, so they just might phase out Alpha.

• Like 2