Ford Gets Earning Boost, Might Drop Taurus/C-Max

No question that having the 2019 Police Responder Order Guide released so early is a big surprise! It was actually released on 05/25/2017. Perhaps the Police Responder will launch along with the next generation Fusion which is certainly due sooner rather than later. And with the Police Responder Order Guide being released so early, it's entirely possible that there will specification changes prior to the Job #1 Date. Time will tell.

Two thoughts on that:

1) Do you have any info on that, or just a guess based on a traditional product timeline?

2) I doubt they'd produce the old model (police responder hybrid) alongside a new model.

Two thoughts on that:

1) Do you have any info on that, or just a guess based on a traditional product timeline?

2) I doubt they'd produce the old model (police responder hybrid) alongside a new model.

1. Current model has been on sale since 2012 (MY2013), new one I would hope gets here by 2019.

2. They're not GM so no.

Two thoughts on that:

1. No information other than what's been published. Ford needs a next generation Fusion sooner rather than later as the 2017MY refresh was a waste of time and money.

2. I'm assuming that the 2019 Police Responder photos released were based on the current Fusion so as not to reveal what a next generation Fusion might look like, if we're going to see the next generation Fusion line for the 2019 Model Year.

Any chance that Ford will be going early with the MY19 Fusion, say spring 2018?

did you look at the OrderGuide, Jpd?

I havent' so far ... stopped when I saw no change in the drivetrain, so figured it was the current version still

+

everything I heard before last November said the nextgen wouldn't come until mid cy2019 as a 2020my

so I prolley don't care WHEN the (last CD4) 2019my starts

• Like 1

1. Current model has been on sale since 2012 (MY2013), new one I would hope gets here by 2019.

2. They're not GM so no.

1. No information other than what's been published. Ford needs a next generation Fusion sooner rather than later as the 2017MY refresh was a waste of time and money.

2. I'm assuming that the 2019 Police Responder photos released were based on the current Fusion so as not to reveal what a next generation Fusion might look like, if we're going to see the next generation Fusion line for the 2019 Model Year.

I completely agree with both of you that they need a new Fusion for 2019. I'm just not sure we'll be getting one for 2019, it'll probably be a 2020 unfortunately. Guess it depends on how much Hackett can pull programs forward.

I completely agree with both of you that they need a new Fusion for 2019. I'm just not sure we'll be getting one for 2019, it'll probably be a 2020 unfortunately. Guess it depends on how much Hackett can pull programs forward.

well just reading some tea leaves here but I think it CAN be ready by 2019. I know for fact that the CD6 Aviator is a 2020 model, and It's widely assumed the Explorer comes out first, which would make it a 2019 model which means that if Fusion is indeed getting the CD6 platform, it can be ready for 2019.
  • Like 1

if Fusion is indeed getting the CD6 platform, it can be ready for 2019.

Only if they started on CD6 Fusion last year. And given the other things Fields was planning for Fusion I'm not sure that's a safe bet.

If doesn't need to go cd6 - it could stay on cd4 or go on a stretched C platform but it certainly needs a new top hat and upgraded powertrains.

• Like 1

that's the big unknown. I understand corporate silence to not show your hand to the competition, but the level Ford takes it to is maddening.

We thought it was because Ford was just tightening down on leaks.....but it seems truly that it was because Fields pushed everything back.

• Like 1