US Fiesta ending production this year

Another Ford vehicles life is over..........July 25, 2017

US company Ford announced yesterday that due to B-segment dynamics, the company plans to stop production of the B-MAX at the Craiova plant from the first part of September. The company also announces that over 500 new employees will be recruited to support the needs of the Vehicle Production area.

http://www.cvlpress.ro/25.07.2017/concomitent-se-fac-si-angajari-ford-anunta-oprirea-productiei-modelului-b-max/

In English http://www.romaniajournal.ro/ford-to-stop-b-max-production-in-september-yet-will-hire-500-people/

C-Max is probably next on the chopping block for the EU market, as we already know that it is on its last legs in North America.

Edited by MKII

FWIW, this isn't unique to FoMoCo. It seems like nearly every review from The Road Show has Brian Cooley pointing out how you have to buy this stupid combination of packages to get these particular features.

It's not the packaging, it's the fact that the top of the line model doesn't have most of those as standard equipment. I can see those being optional on the mid-tier model but there is no reason they should be optional on a Reserve and especially not on Black Label MKXs.

• Like 1

These are the optional packages for the MKX Reserve.

Cargo Utility Package

Rear Cargo Management System (Liftgate Scuff Plate, Cargo Net

and two (2) Chrome Cargo Tie-down Hooks)

Molded Plastic Storage Bins & Spare Tire Vanity Cover (located

under cargo floor)

Cargo Compartment with Reversible Mat

110V/150W AC Power Outlet

Interior Cargo Cover

Lincoln MKX Climate Package

Heated Rear Seats

Heated Steering Wheel

Rain-Sensing Wipers

Auto High-Beam Headlamps

Windshield Wiper De-Icer

Lincoln MKX Technology Package

Active Park Assist

Front Park Aid Sensors

360-Degree Camera

Driver Assistance Package

Lane Keeping System

– Lane-Keeping Alert

– Lane-Keeping Aid

– Driver Alert System

Adaptive Cruise Control

Adaptive Steering

Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection– Collision Warning

– Brake Support

– Active Braking

Note: Requires Lincoln MKX Climate Package (51C)

Luxury Package

Adaptive LED Headlamps

Revel® Ultima System with 19 Speakers and HD Radio™

Rain sensing wipers and auto high beams should not be tied to the climate package.

Cargo package should be standard.

Driver Assistance and Technology should be combined and/or made standard on the Reserve.

• Like 1

I just checked dealer inventory for a black MKX Reserve. Found 6 within 40 miles. Only one of the 6 had the Driver Assistance package and the Technology package. Ridiculous.

Considering those items are standard on a Toyota Corolla.

Whats even more sad is those items are also optional on a 83K Lincoln Navigator....

Drivers assistance should be standard on every MKX, Cargo Management and Utility and inflatable rear seatbelts should be standard on everything from Select and up and Technology should be standard on Reserve and up. The other stupid one is the "Enhanced security package" Enhanced Security Package Perimeter Alarm, Secondary Horn, Lockable Interior Storage, Vehicle Inclination Sensor, Enhanced Valet Mode. HOW IS THIS NOT STANDARD, but charge $60.

Edited by jasonj80
  • Like 2

Considering those items are standard on a Toyota Corolla.

Whats even more sad is those items are also optional on a 83K Lincoln Navigator....

Drivers assistance should be standard on every MKX, Cargo Management and Utility and inflatable rear seatbelts should be standard on everything from Select and up and Technology should be standard on Reserve and up. The other stupid one is the "Enhanced security package" Enhanced Security Package Perimeter Alarm, Secondary Horn, Lockable Interior Storage, Vehicle Inclination Sensor, Enhanced Valet Mode. HOW IS THIS NOT STANDARD, but charge $60.

Let's hope the new guy addresses this.

Does Ford really need a second Escape plant when Louisville is able to do this:

Louisville production Jun 2017 (YTD)

Escape.................34, 692........(192,689)

MKC........................5,947..........(29,300)

TOTAL..................40,639.........(221,989)

Depends on if you believe the segment will continue to grow. Escape was formerly the #1 seller in the compact CUV class. Now it is #3 or #4. Escape sales volume hasn't declined... the rest of the field has leapfrogged it.

Everyone else has two (or three!) plants supplying the North American market. Most of the competitors are also (if not already) planning to add a 2nd compact CUV models to the range (e.g. Nissan Rogue+Rogue Sport, Kia Tuscon+Niro, Mitsubishi Outlander+Outlander Sport, Jeep Cherokee+Compass, Subaru Forester+XV etc). Some A lot of the Focus and Fusion buyers are going to buy CUV next time so Ford needs the be able to structurally lift the production volume of its compact CUVs. Adding another plant is inevitable (for Escape overflow + new compact CUV model). The question is where and when.

Another Ford vehicles life is over..........July 25, 2017

US company Ford announced yesterday that due to B-segment dynamics, the company plans to stop production of the B-MAX at the Craiova plant from the first part of September. The company also announces that over 500 new employees will be recruited to support the needs of the Vehicle Production area.

http://www.cvlpress.ro/25.07.2017/concomitent-se-fac-si-angajari-ford-anunta-oprirea-productiei-modelului-b-max/

In English http://www.romaniajournal.ro/ford-to-stop-b-max-production-in-september-yet-will-hire-500-people/

C-Max is probably next on the chopping block for the EU market, as we already know that it is on its last legs in North America.

Saw that one coming. The market is changing very quick in Europe right now and all the MPV type vehicles are being rapidly replaced by CUVs. e.g. Renault Espace and Peugeot 3008 went from MPV to CUV, Opel Crossland X (CUV) replacing Meriva (MPV) etc.

C-Max 5 seat is for sure ripe for replacement by something like Focus Active, and Grand C-Max is probably going to give way to a 7 seat Kuga/Escape during the next redesign.

B-Max is essentially being replaced by EcoSport as a short term measure but let's hope Ford put the new bigger EcoSport on a fast track replacement time table.

Saw that one coming. The market is changing very quick in Europe right now and all the MPV type vehicles are being rapidly replaced by CUVs. e.g. Renault Espace and Peugeot 3008 went from MPV to CUV, Opel Crossland X (CUV) replacing Meriva (MPV) etc.

C-Max 5 seat is for sure ripe for replacement by something like Focus Active, and Grand C-Max is probably going to give way to a 7 seat Kuga/Escape during the next redesign.

B-Max is essentially being replaced by EcoSport as a short term measure but let's hope Ford put the new bigger EcoSport on a fast track replacement time table.

Kill the Fiesta now and pull up the retooling of the plant for the vehicle that is slotting between the EcoSport and Escape and then Sole sourced for NA/SA and Europe from that plant? For a bit you might have some overlap between that and the Escape for a year or 18 months but when the new Escape comes you have a slightly larger version. It is the opposite that GM did where old Equinox owners are going into the dealership and going this is to small and have nothing to put them in as they don't want a huge Traverse. That or they could make it an NG Escape/Kuga plant and supplement plants around the world. I would suspect this (vehicles getting axed) to be touched on tomorrow morning on the earnings call.

Edited by jasonj80

Too bad, The Fiesta's that I have rented were much better than other sub-compacts. Far better than Hyundai and Kia. Gosh - the Kia I had on my last trip was awful! But somehow Kia keeps moving along.

I am not a big Fanboy of Jeremy and Top Gear, but this was the best car test ever:

Hope the Ecosport is good- it's already more than fashionably late to the show. Here in Colorado, the outdoor active young folks who can scrape up the credit are lining up in droves to get the new Toyota C-HR, and the Subaru Crosstrek is a top seller.

Too bad, The Fiesta's that I have rented were much better than other sub-compacts. Far better than Hyundai and Kia. Gosh - the Kia I had on my last trip was awful! But somehow Kia keeps moving along.

I am not a big Fanboy of Jeremy and Top Gear, but this was the best car test ever:

Hope the Ecosport is good- it's already more than fashionably late to the show. Here in Colorado, the outdoor active young folks who can scrape up the credit are lining up in droves to get the new Toyota C-HR, and the Subaru Crosstrek is a top seller.

Yuck, that C-HR is hideous. And that rear door handle is just asking to snap off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujxD_jYWqMw

I can understand the Crosstrek. That is a nice little vehicle.