Articles now publishing regarding supposed insider with info about new 2020 Bronco...

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/all-new-ford-bronco-could-be-a-four-door-hybrid-says-report/

Publications as of the past few hours are quoting a supposed Ford engineer that said the next Bronco is in its third design phase but still on track for 2020. And that it will be strictly 4-door only with no plans for a 2-door. The article from Automobile Magazine (which is one of several articles out there already) listed possible engine choices as well as even a Hybrid version. It's known that it'll be based on the T6 Ranger but odd it mentioned that it won't be a hardcore rock crawler like Jeep 'due to the frame' as the article says.

I am not taking this as official because remember what happened when some guy over at Reddit claimed to be engineer and wrote lots of misinfo that spread like wildfire online? This could just be another case of it. I have seen some users here from inside Ford (can't remember who at this time) that said the Bronco would be benchmarked to a 1973 Bronco with both 2 doors and 4 doors looked at for market with of course 4 door being a higher-volume model. But I don't understand what the 'engineer' in article meant that it won't be rock crawler due to the frame when the T6 Ranger is supposedly already a good off roader? I did post a question in one of the thread a few months ago asking if the current T6 Ranger frame has a fully-boxed frame or open c-channel/boxed sections? No one has answered to my knowledge. It would make sense if the current T6 Ranger frame is only boxed at the engine/transmission area and open c-channel the rest which would be Ford's concern for the next Ranger and Bronco, unless of course they plan on fully-boxing it, if not already on the current one. Then again, I'm just taking it as a possible rumor and not as fact.

I cannot remember who the user(s) here were regarding the current Bronco program but I'll certainly take their words over this article and others out there. There was at least one who was involved and another one who has sources to it. But still interesting though. I do wonder if this person really does work for Ford but possibly said misinfo on purpose to throw the media and competition off? Just one theory on my part. What do you guys think? I apologize if a thread regarding this has been posted here.

Almost everything I've said about the Bronco has been speculation except for the exploring a 2 and 4 door version, going after the Wrangler and using the 73 as inspiration for the design.

Granted they've been very educated guesses using information I'm not at liberty to discuss publicly to protect my sources.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 2

You can take it as read that the Bronco will be one of those "Chunky" Utilities that Ford mentioned a while back

and very different in appearance to the Everest - Bronco is a vehicle that could be popular in other markets too...

Everything on the NG Ranger and Bronco project is tight as a drum,

all we know is that diesel and gas engines are going to change for the better,

four wheel disk brakes on high series as well as higher trim levels..

(Hybrid Ranger was an April Fool's day prank by one of the magazines in Australia.)

Edited by jpd80

Almost everything I've said about the Bronco has been speculation except for the exploring a 2 and 4 door version, going after the Wrangler and using the 73 as inspiration for the design.

Granted they've been very educated guesses using information I'm not at liberty to discuss publicly to protect my sources.

Yup, I had posted on here that my guy has seen real pictures of it. Now that was 7-8 months ago so things could have changed but I doubt anything drastic has changed. It was being built after the 73 and was a 2 door.

• Like 2

Yup, I had posted on here that my guy has seen real pictures of it. Now that was 7-8 months ago so things could have changed but I doubt anything drastic has changed. It was being built after the 73 and was a 2 door.

I'm putting inquiries out as we speak. Those articles seemed too much like BS to me.
  • Like 1

I hope that I am wrong, but I have a bad feeling this will be one of the Ford's most disappointing new vehicle launches since the Edsel. Many people I know are hoping for (and expecting) a full Wrangler competitor with looks similar to that retro 2 door Bronco concept of a few years ago. Everything that I have been lead to believe up to this point is that the 2020 Bronco will be a U.S. market version of the Everest with some retro styling touches. We are, however, a long way from introduction.

If the 2020 Bronco is indeed restyled Everest, I would see it more as an Explorer replacement than a Wrangler-fighter. With the discontinuation of the Flex, maybe the future Explorer will move more towards the Flex's position as a large CUV and the Bronco will be a mid-sized SUV.

I hope that I am wrong, but I have a bad feeling this will be one of the Ford's most disappointing new vehicle launches since the Edsel.

Everything that I have been lead to believe up to this point is that the 2020 Bronco will be a U.S. market version of the Everest with some retro styling touches.

/quote]

Led to believe by whom? The only semi-reliable info that's been posted here says that it's not an Everest, it will have a 2 door version and will look a lot like the 73. Did you get confused about the test mules?

• Like 2

Yes, you were one of those that talked about the Bronco but couldn't remember the username. I may not post much but am an avid user here and lurk at threads here. Been a member here for over 10 years now but do post occasionally.

You were another user I was thinking of that I couldn't remember the username of. Thanks to both of you for responding to this thread. I'll take your comments and the words of your sources over anything that's been posted in the recent articles. Possibly another misinfo from fake engineer as was with the Reddit site a few months ago.

Do any of you guys know about the current T6 Ranger's frame construction, like if it's fully or partially boxed? Just curious so I can get an idea of what the next generation would be like.

Aluminum frame? As soon as I saw that I stopped reading. Yeah, I know, they updated the article but just the fact that it made it to press like that tells me these fools are not very truck knowledgeable and would probably believe anything.

Yeah I noticed that too and that was one thing that confused me as well as the 'reason' why the Bronco would not be rock crawler. That was one thing that got me to think it's not factual at all.

I saw these articles earlier today and the whole it looking like a Troller 4 door reeked of complete bullshit. AFAIK the original Troller design was done by Troller itself, based off the CJ/ Wrangler styling and I'm assuming the T6 based Troller styling is an evolution of that done by Ford South America after the take over, not NA. In the Gear Patrol article it paints very negative portrayal of Ford PD, which seems completely wrong also.

Wonder if this is more "fake news" to drive website traffic.

Edited by silvrsvt
  • Like 1

I saw these articles earlier today and the whole it looking like a Troller 4 door reeked of complete bullshit. AFAIK the original Troller design was done by Troller itself, based off the CJ/ Wrangler styling and I'm assuming the T6 based Troller styling is an evolution of that done by Ford South America after the take over, not NA. In the Gear Patrol article it paints very negative portrayal of Ford PD, which seems completely wrong also.

Wonder if this is more "fake news" to drive website traffic.

it's a red herring.as the Troller is a parts bin special and not based on T6 Architecture,

I've been told that it uses the engine, transmission, HVAC and some of the door mechanisms

Anything to do with T6 Bronco will be US design and developed by Ford Asia Pacific (Geelong, Australia)

and completely separate to anything done by Troller. A more "rugged looking" SUV is the only clue so far.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1