Jeep worth more than FCA

fuzzymoomoo

I'd be willing to bet that the bulk of FCA's profits actually come from Ram and Jeep,

without them, the rest of FCA would sink by the bow very quickly.

Both are more important to FCA in paying for all the offset debt than their one time sale.

Edited by jpd80

I'd be willing to bet that the bulk of FCA's profits actually come from Ram and Jeep,

without them, the rest of FCA would sink by the bow very quickly.

Both are more important to FCA in paying for all the offset debt than their one time sale.

No need to make any bets...it is the truth. Daimler tried their best to kill Jeep with impossibly crappy cars (3rd gen GC / Compass / Patriot / 2nd gen Liberty). If Jeep is still around and stronger than ever after that, they seem to be impervious to anything. Ram is still really based on the strength of one vehicle and only one bad redesign away from a sales tank.

Daimler tried their best to kill Jeep with impossibly crappy cars (3rd gen GC / Compass / Patriot / 2nd gen Liberty). If Jeep is still around and stronger than ever after that, they seem to be impervious to anything.

Well they did launch before gas prices spiked, so that helped...but you can't deny that Jeep still is toxic to its owners...

I have a different theory. Jeep is used to prop up toxic owners, but they are too toxic for even Jeep to be a benefit.

I don't think Daimler was hurting too much when they bought Chrysler...then again they didn't they raid any money they had before selling them?

I don't think Daimler was hurting too much when they bought Chrysler...then again they didn't they raid any money they had before selling them?T

It would be hard to argue that they weren't toxic. They exhibited poor descision making buying the company to "combine synergies", then run them like two different companies anyway, rarely sharing platforms. The only benefit was that they got a better price from suppliers. Then they dumped Chrysler for a fraction of what it was worth, and I believe they hade to pay some of Chryslers pension obligations and some other debt which was almost as if they paid the buyers to take the headache off their hands.

So in a nutshell, it's like they got married to use their spouse's Costco card and paid a fortune for the divorce.

• Like 1