Autoweek Lincoln MKX review

I see they haven't changed their name to "AutoEveryOtherWeek" as I suggested when they went to bi-weekly publication.

If it's not badge engineering then why even mention it? (that's a rhetorical question)

I can attest to the quietness - at least when the tires are new. Ours (a Reserve) is bank vault quiet with the exception of really bad roads. I would have preferred the 2.7LEB but the 3.7L has plenty of power for normal driving.

I see they haven't changed their name to "AutoEveryOtherWeek" as I suggested when they went to bi-weekly publication.

If it's not badge engineering then why even mention it? (that's a rhetorical question)

I can attest to the quietness - at least when the tires are new. Ours (a Reserve) is bank vault quiet with the exception of really bad roads. I would have preferred the 2.7LEB but the 3.7L has plenty of power for normal driving.

My dad still gets Autoweek, and it's definitely gone downhill. Aside from the every other week thing, it's become nothing but motorsport news, and often has articles about bikes and motorcycles, with maybe one full article and a half page article on new cars - you know, what people buy the magazine for. Of the 50 pages or whatever it is in each issue, I read maybe 5 pages. The rest is a useless waste of paper.

Yeah, the Ford/Edge references weren't necessary. I didn't mind the first mention of it where he says "even though the MKX remains on the Ford Edge platform, the two share no body panels or interior designs; this is not one of those badge engineering jobs from the '90s with swapped-out emblems." (The next sentence, he misquotes power figures, saying it has 300-hp, when it has 335.) But the comment about how it doesn't need a V8 or a 4-cylinder (there are some in the Ford parts bin) was completely unnecessary and adds nothing to the article.

This is one of those articles I mentioned above that takes up 1/4 to 1/2 a page.