'20 Bronco Rendered

1) You don't know that

2) Well, considering the last Broncos were made 20 years ago, let's be honest - most people making renderings of any type (Bronco or not) will not have been old enough to even have owned/driven one when they were in production.

3) Besides, not owning/driving one doesn't automatically disqualify someone from making a good rendering, whether it ends up being accurate or not. I've done tons of chops, and even accurate sketches (my sketches of Taurus before the 2010 model come to mind) years before models come out, yet I don't own 99% of the vehicles I've chopped/sketched.

What's the point of a render if you don't know the vehicle in question or understand anything about it?

6G is fake News

What's the point of a render if you don't know the vehicle in question or understand anything about it?

6G is fake News

People can do things for fun too, you know?

It's not worth further discussion, doesn't seem like you'll be convinced.

The original renderings he did were clearly F-150-based, as at the time, it was being debated that it could be F-150-based. They've obviously tried to change it and scale that down. How successful they were is debatable I suppose, but to say it's a waste of time because they don't know anything (when you don't know that) is a bit too far.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1

6G is fake News

and this was 6G's original two door render from earlier this year

2020-ford-bronco-render001-1.jpg

Having owned a78 Bronco myself, I think this image captures a lot of what that vehicle was

albeit on a smaller mid sized package..

A big issue I see is staying faithful to the removable rear cover and the lack of a

rear window on the passenger cabin - I hope Ford is able to resolve that feature of

the traditional Bronco..

No it isnt

It's not worth it. Rather than just being a chop meant to show someone's idea of it, and spark some discussion, it's not what he wants it to look like, so it's automatically terrible and the guy doesn't know anything. And criticism of a chop is fine! I welcome it when I do one - obviously I want people to like what I did, but ways to improve or alter are welcome - but being adamant that the guy doesn't know anything is a bit ridiculous.

A big issue I see is staying faithful to the removable rear cover and the lack of a

rear window on the passenger cabin - I hope Ford is able to resolve that feature of

the traditional Bronco..

Because of the way regs are, they're probably going to have to do it the way they did on the last Bronco and make it "permanent", meaning you can do it but it's not easy, or necessarily legal.

As for the the lack of a rear window, I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Because of the way regs are, they're probably going to have to do it the way they did on the last Bronco and make it "permanent", meaning you can do it but it's not easy, or necessarily legal.

Yeah, the Wrangler hard top is much like that too - you could but it'd require unscrewing a lot of bolts and parts.

Perhaps he means the ability to roll down the rear window? I didn't get that either.

I think it's safe to say that "retro-light" has worked out just fine for the Wrangler. I like this rendering a lot, other than a few little niggles. Even so, I'd gladly park one in my garage if it looked exactly like this, so long as it maintains the ability to be a solid off-road performer (solid front axle, good approach/departure angles, low-range, at least a rear locker, etc...).

Yeah, the Wrangler hard top is much like that too - you could but it'd require unscrewing a lot of bolts and parts.

Perhaps he means the ability to roll down the rear window? I didn't get that either.

I wonder if he is confusing the removable full length top of the original Bronco with the half-cab option which had a shorter roof with a rear window along with a lower metal bulkhead between the front seats and the tiny open "pickup" bed? Those were two completely different roof designs but both were available on the original Bronco.

On the earlier Broncos, when the rear cover was removed, there was no back window behind the driver and passenger seats...

Hence, the later ones were made more permanent to stop people removing the rear cover.

If you're driving in a snow storm what's in front of you is important, not what's behind you. ;)

I guess that depends on which end is going forward...

(Around here, snowstorms usually follow ice storms, so we end up with a trace of snow over a layer of ice.)

If you're driving in a snow storm what's in front of you is important, not what's behind you. ;)

Not when you're stopped and people behind you are still moving.

Snow or no snow I think that's the motto of Ohio drivers --- WORST F****** drivers in the country.

Edited by jasonj80

It's not worth it. Rather than just being a chop meant to show someone's idea of it, and spark some discussion, it's not what he wants it to look like, so it's automatically terrible and the guy doesn't know anything. And criticism of a chop is fine! I welcome it when I do one - obviously I want people to like what I did, but ways to improve or alter are welcome - but being adamant that the guy doesn't know anything is a bit ridiculous.

6G is that you?

On the earlier Broncos, when the rear cover was removed, there was no back window behind the driver and passenger seats...

Hence, the later ones were made more permanent to stop people removing the rear cover.

I'm guessing shoulder belts are a requirement now? Before 92 the belts were in the seats, in 92they attached to the top. No top, no seat belts, no legal. Annoying design choice, but regs are regs and gov is gonna gov

Later Broncos also had a rear window that retracted into the tailgate

Which is a feature I hope makes it to the new one, it was nice to have. Downside was no rear wiper so you couldn't see shit in a snowstorm.

4Runners have a wiper and roll down back window. Plus those vehicles with flip-up glass and a bottom mount wiper.

It's do-able.

Later Broncos also had a rear window that retracted into the tailgate

Which is a feature I hope makes it to the new one, it was nice to have. Downside was no rear wiper so you couldn't see shit in a snowstorm.

It could be mounted on the door and then "drop" onto the glass when activated like the original Expy/Navi and the GM SUVs were until their latest iteration.

It could be mounted on the door and then "drop" onto the glass when activated like the original Expy/Navi and the GM SUVs were until their latest iteration.

It would have been hard to do that on the last Bronco because that tailgate was so thick there wasn't any way to feasibly do it. If they want to, they could do it like the old Explorer where the wiper rested just below the window. As long as it doesn't drop down from the top, I personally hate that look.