Expy Ordered

Dlcorbett

I saw that someone was able to view an 18 f150, and was wondering of this could happen for the expy as well. Would every dealer have an opportunity to showcase the models? Would we have to ask all the dealers in the area? Would they know ahead of time and for how long they would have avilable for viewing? Since its a preproduction model, would ford have a vague schedule of which dealers or areas the vehicles would go to? How soon or how far out do the vehicles head to the dealer? Does ford usually just send one model or trim(high end) or do they send different trims and models? Sorry for all the questions, however, it seems unless you come to the dealer heavily informed, they rele dont have any clue what to do for you.

When the MKC came out, I got an email telling me the dates they would have a pre production car available to view and test drive. With the 18 F-150, I just happened to be at my dealership getting an oil change. They had a Limited in the showroom and a Platinum outside. Looked like the Platinum was available for test drives, (I didn't ask). I didn't receive any notice they would be there as usually is the case when they have something new.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply akirby.

Also, would others agree that the...

- 360-Degree Camera with Split View and Front/Rear Washer

- Enhanced Active Park Assist with Parallel Park, Park Out Assist, Reverse Perpendicular Parking, Forward and Reverse and Side Sensing Systems

Are not available on the XLT FX4?

I really like the less chrome on the XLT, especially the black under chrome grill as opposed to the chrome under chrome on the Limited.

Dennis

I believe 301A is optional on the Limited (not XLT). I was wishing I could get it on the XLT.

Dennis

300a, 301a and 302a are Limited packages. The XLT packages are 200a, 201a, etc. The packages are unique to the trim level.

Better yet - here is the order guide so you can see all this for yourself.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/files/get/e00bc38673fa1b91c1de4fdafdeefe2f/978-2018+Expedition+Order+Guide.pdf

• Like 1

I wish ford didnt lockout certain options from the xlt. You havr to step up to the 202A just to get the touchscreen, and that model starts at a cool 58k. Its weird as well because the 201 has leather seats and the sunroof is optional but not the touchscreen. They make you pay the mark up to get the desirable features. But the limited is set in the sweet spot, just wish the xlt had the same love the current gen xlt has.

It would be nice to see a photo of the white gold color. I have a feeling its going to be a gorgeous color. On the BnP, ot looks too off...

While the White Gold paint is new to the 2018 Expedition, it's been available on several vehicles (C-MAX, Edge, Escape, Explorer, F-150, Focus, Taurus) for a few years now. Best way to see how the White Gold paint looks is to stop by your local Ford dealership and see it on one of the other vehicle lines.

Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 1

Has anyone been able to see an expy at their local dealer? There are videos now with the expys and trainers showing the staff the new features. No dealer around me is scheduled to get one of these trainings here in delaware, but i saw the local lincoln dealer in tx when i was stationed there had a 18 nav on display?

• Like 1

Is dere any schedule fpr those marketing vehicles making their rpu ds around to the dealerships?

I'm not sure. Told that they would be used for shows, commercials & whatever else marketing needs. We are scheduled to build 300 before Job 1, not exactly sure what they are for though.

• Like 1

That depends entirely on how many other vehicles are on order from that dealer and the priority of the other orders.

It will take 2-6 weeks after job 1 for ok to buy. They have to build error free vehicles for 5 days consecutively. If they screw up after 4.9 days they have to start over.

If your order is the lowest priority at that dealer I would expect it to be built within a week or two after ok to buy. There really is no way to predict it.

Having a priority of 10 would be much better and would only put your order behind other priority 10s from the same dealer with an earlier order date.

• Like 1