Expy Ordered

Dlcorbett

Just ordered my expy today. Getting a ruby red limited with panoramic sunroof and drivers assistance pkg. Total msrp is 66340. Waitin for the salesman to send me the dealer invoice, but same pkg and options w/ black invoice is 63111. Its gonna be a long 5mnth wait but i know shes gonna be gorgeous. I saw someone who ordered a gray expy platinum max, Anyone else order an expy yet?

• Like 1

Ordered a 'standard length' Ruby Red 2018 4WD Platinum. Opted for the 2nd Row Captain Chairs in Ebony, HD Towing Package, and Floor Liners. Had two previous Expeditions and Explorer with DVD/CD Players, which didn't get a lot of use, so opted out of the headrest units.

• Like 1

I ordered a White Platinum XLT 202a 4x4 for my wife and got X pricing which was identical to dealer invoice. I was hesitant to pay invoice because my last 3 vehicles I paid under invoice but it seems they aren't willing to go under invoice for the expy. Might just be my dealer and I didn't want to go to another one. I noticed my sales sheet did not charge a doc fee hopefully they don't slip that in when it's delivered. Did they say anything about a doc fee on yours?

Is it actual X plan or did they just offer you the x plan price? If it's real X plan the doc fee is limited to $100. Without an actual X plan pin they can charge whatever they want - sometimes as high as $700 or more. Better get that clarified.

I cant exactly remember the doc and processing fees but i believe it was around $300. Ill have to check it, i left the paper in the car. Im Still waiting on the invoice form. I wanted the 202A but some of the options wifey wanted werent available on it. The only thing she wanted thats not on it is the 360 camera but you have to get the 302 pkg and that would have put it out of what i was looking to pay.

It's definitely X plan. The owner told the sales guy to give me X plan and I asked the guy that orders to send me the actual build sheet so I can sign off. The build sheet lists, invoice, A/Z plan, D plan and X plan. There was only a $42 dollar increase with X plan over invoice so as far as I'm concerned X plan is invoice pricing. Now A/Z plan was definitely the cat's meow which was $2312 under invoice. Don't know what you have to do to get A/Z plan but that's for sure the way to go. I think maybe Ford Retiree's get that A/Z plan?

I bought my 15 F150 from the same place and have the same build sheet and sales sheet for my truck and I did have to pay a $598 doc fee. It was not any plan pricing for my F150 just 1k below invoice price. So looking at the 18 Exp sales sheet that doc fee isn't on there so I have to assume with their X plan that they probably don't charge the doc fee. If they do when I go to pick up I will bring up the $100 max.

My wife initially wanted the limited due to the bucket seat 2nd row option but that's the only thing she cared about over the XLT trim and we couldn't justify the extra 5k or so by going with the limited trim with bucket 2nd row option so she settled for the XLT 302a and sacrificed that one option . Other than that she got all the options she wanted and even let me talk her into a 4x4 versus 4x2 so at the end of the day happy wife happy life as i'm sure those with wifey's know ;-).

They can't actually give you X plan pricing unless you have a PIN. They cannot generate a PIN for you, so it sounds like they're just giving you the X plan price so the rules on doc fees don't apply.

A plan is for employees. Z plan is for retirees. X plan is for Ford partner companies and friends of employees.

The formula for X plan price is invoice minus (invoice * 0.4%) + $275. Once you get over $60K the 0.4% cancels out the $275 admin fee so it's very close to actual invoice. On cheaper vehicles it's anywhere from $100-$200 above invoice.

Ok that makes sense because I don't have an actual PIN. I just asked for invoice plus holdback/rebates/incentives like I normally do when purchasing a vehicle and he said he could offer me X plan pricing. Good to know I'll most likely get the doc fee when I pick up even though it's technically not on the sales sheet. They must have forgotten to add the doc fee because I ordered my F150 this same way and the doc fee was listed on the sales sheet when they ordered it.

I would've liked the bucket seat option, it couldve been really useful for tge space and a cooler could go their for snacks n drinks. Also passenger's feel more comfort in them, they love the ones in my nav. However, we always end up needing the seat so i decided to get the bench. I still dont understand why ford refuses to put a pull down armrest in the middle seat, its so irksome.

I was the Gray Platinum Max referenced in the OP. Ordered with X-Plan pricing (I have a PIN). First Ford and we're excited. Going to be a long wait!

Wife is a little nervous as she has never driven a Max (prior rig was an '08 Sequoia). But with a dog, three kids, and gear we figured the extra cargo area would be nice. We can always switch to an inventory "non-Max" if it's too big.

I was the Gray Platinum Max referenced in the OP. Ordered with X-Plan pricing (I have a PIN). First Ford and we're excited. Going to be a long wait!

Wife is a little nervous as she has never driven a Max (prior rig was an '08 Sequoia). But with a dog, three kids, and gear we figured the extra cargo area would be nice. We can always switch to an inventory "non-Max" if it's too big.

I think she will be fine. There plenty of ladies driving extended length full-size SUVs in my neighborhood.

My wife drives a Infiniti QX 80 and has no issues with it. She came from an Explorer Sport but she has also driven an Expedition previously. I think your wife will be pleasantly surprised by the driving dynamics of the Expedition. The previous generation Expedition drove very well for a big vehicle.

The formula for X plan price is invoice minus (invoice * 0.4%) + $275. Once you get over $60K the 0.4% cancels out the $275 admin fee so it's very close to actual invoice. On cheaper vehicles it's anywhere from $100-$200 above invoice.

Is there an actual formula for A/Z plan ? From what i remember, the discount was different on different models.

Random question...while we wait for the production vehicles to reach dealerships, does Ford ever send out pre-production vehicles for test drives? I'm just trying to understand if there is any way that I actually see one of these in the wild before the one we order actually arrives!

I saw that someone was able to view an 18 f150, and was wondering of this could happen for the expy as well. Would every dealer have an opportunity to showcase the models? Would we have to ask all the dealers in the area? Would they know ahead of time and for how long they would have avilable for viewing? Since its a preproduction model, would ford have a vague schedule of which dealers or areas the vehicles would go to? How soon or how far out do the vehicles head to the dealer? Does ford usually just send one model or trim(high end) or do they send different trims and models? Sorry for all the questions, however, it seems unless you come to the dealer heavily informed, they rele dont have any clue what to do for you.

• Like 1

I don't know the specifics but I would assume they schedule it at least a couple of weeks in advance with the dealership. Not sure how they decide which dealers get it if it's not all of them. They usually do it to train the dealership staff.

I would call the sales managers (not salespeople) at each local dealer and tell them to contact you if they get a preview. That's about all you can do. You could try calling Ford and asking them but they may not be able to tell you.

• Like 1

Your dealer is alot better than the ones here, one told me they werent getting any in anytime soon all they have are brochures( he was almost talkin is if they were expecting them in september.) Im still waiting on an answer from the dealer i ordered from.