Custom Search

Coming Up Next:
Lincoln Aviator

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Expy Ordered

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dlcorbett

Dlcorbett

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 166 posts
  • Joined 28-August 13
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:08 ford fusion

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:33 PM

Just ordered my expy today. Getting a ruby red limited with panoramic sunroof and drivers assistance pkg. Total msrp is 66340. Waitin for the salesman to send me the dealer invoice, but same pkg and options w/ black invoice is 63111. Its gonna be a long 5mnth wait but i know shes gonna be gorgeous. I saw someone who ordered a gray expy platinum max, Anyone else order an expy yet?
  • 2b2 likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 ONLINE   MKX1960

MKX1960

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 261 posts
  • Joined 12-June 07
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Explorer Platinum

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:03 PM

The videos are starting to appear for these and I have to say they look really nice. I had a 16 and traded for an Explorer. I'm going to give the 18 a serious look.

#3 OFFLINE   caplanm

caplanm

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 12-June 04

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:37 PM

Ordered a 'standard length' Ruby Red 2018 4WD Platinum. Opted for the 2nd Row Captain Chairs in Ebony, HD Towing Package, and Floor Liners.  Had two previous Expeditions and Explorer with DVD/CD Players, which didn't get a lot of use, so opted out of the headrest units.

• 2b2 likes this

#4 OFFLINE   brianullig

brianullig

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 06-July 17
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:15 F150

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:53 AM

I ordered a White Platinum XLT 202a 4x4 for my wife and got X pricing which was identical to dealer invoice.  I was hesitant to pay invoice because my last 3 vehicles I paid under invoice but it seems they aren't willing to go under invoice for the expy.  Might just be my dealer and I didn't want to go to another one.  I noticed my sales sheet did not charge a doc fee hopefully they don't slip that in when it's delivered.  Did they say anything about a doc fee on yours?

#5 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 25,967 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Ti (Ruby Red)

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:41 PM

Is it actual X plan or did they just offer you the x plan price?   If it's real X plan the doc fee is limited to $100.  Without an actual X plan pin they can charge whatever they want - sometimes as high as $700 or more.  Better get that clarified.

2013 Fusion Titanium (Ruby Red)
2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve (Luxe/Cappucino)

#6 OFFLINE   Dlcorbett

Dlcorbett

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 166 posts
  • Joined 28-August 13

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:26 PM

I cant exactly remember the doc and processing fees but i believe it was around $300. Ill have to check it, i left the paper in the car. Im Still waiting on the invoice form. I wanted the 202A but some of the options wifey wanted werent available on it. The only thing she wanted thats not on it is the 360 camera but you have to get the 302 pkg and that would have put it out of what i was looking to pay.

#7 OFFLINE   brianullig

brianullig

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 06-July 17

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:59 PM

It's definitely X plan.  The owner told the sales guy to give me X plan and I asked the guy that orders to send me the actual build sheet so I can sign off.  The build sheet lists, invoice, A/Z plan, D plan and X plan.  There was only a $42 dollar increase with X plan over invoice so as far as I'm concerned X plan is invoice pricing.  Now A/Z plan was definitely the cat's meow which was $2312 under invoice.  Don't know what you have to do to get A/Z plan but that's for sure the way to go.  I think maybe Ford Retiree's get that A/Z plan?

I bought my 15 F150 from the same place and have the same build sheet and sales sheet for my truck and I did have to pay a $598 doc fee.  It was not any plan pricing for my F150 just 1k below invoice price.  So looking at the 18 Exp sales sheet that doc fee isn't on there so I have to assume with their X plan that they probably don't charge the doc fee.  If they do when I go to pick up I will bring up the $100 max.

My wife initially wanted the limited due to the bucket seat 2nd row option but that's the only thing she cared about over the XLT trim and we couldn't justify the extra 5k or so by going with the limited trim with bucket 2nd row option so she settled for the XLT 302a and sacrificed that one option .  Other than that she got all the options she wanted and even let me talk her into a 4x4 versus 4x2 so at the end of the day happy wife happy life as i'm sure those with wifey's know ;-).

#8 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 25,967 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:20 PM

They can't actually give you X plan pricing unless you have a PIN.  They cannot generate a PIN for you, so it sounds like they're just giving you the X plan price so the rules on doc fees don't apply.

A plan is for employees.  Z plan is for retirees.  X plan is for Ford partner companies and friends of employees.

The formula for X plan price is invoice minus (invoice * 0.4%) + $275.   Once you get over $60K the 0.4% cancels out the $275 admin fee so it's very close to actual invoice.  On cheaper vehicles it's anywhere from $100-$200 above invoice.

#9 OFFLINE   brianullig

brianullig

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 06-July 17

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:45 PM

Ok that makes sense because I don't have an actual PIN.  I just asked for invoice plus holdback/rebates/incentives like I normally do when purchasing a vehicle and he said he could offer me X plan pricing.  Good to know I'll most likely get the doc fee when I pick up even though it's technically not on the sales sheet.  They must have forgotten to add the doc fee because I ordered my F150 this same way and the doc fee was listed on the sales sheet when they ordered it.

#10 OFFLINE   Dlcorbett

Dlcorbett

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 166 posts
  • Joined 28-August 13

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:26 PM

I would've liked the bucket seat option, it couldve been really useful for tge space and a cooler could go their for snacks n drinks. Also passenger's feel more comfort in them, they love the ones in my nav. However, we always end up needing the seat so i decided to get the bench. I still dont understand why ford refuses to put a pull down armrest in the middle seat, its so irksome.

#11 OFFLINE   MiddKid

MiddKid

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 12-June 17
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Considering a 2018 Expedition

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:59 PM

I was the Gray Platinum Max referenced in the OP.  Ordered with X-Plan pricing (I have a PIN).  First Ford and we're excited.  Going to be a long wait!

Wife is a little nervous as she has never driven a Max (prior rig was an '08 Sequoia).  But with a dog, three kids, and gear we figured the extra cargo area would be nice.  We can always switch to an inventory "non-Max" if it's too big.

#12 OFFLINE   tbone

tbone

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Raptor Supercrew

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:49 PM

I was the Gray Platinum Max referenced in the OP.  Ordered with X-Plan pricing (I have a PIN).  First Ford and we're excited.  Going to be a long wait!

Wife is a little nervous as she has never driven a Max (prior rig was an '08 Sequoia).  But with a dog, three kids, and gear we figured the extra cargo area would be nice.  We can always switch to an inventory "non-Max" if it's too big.

I think she will be fine. There plenty of ladies driving extended length full-size SUVs in my neighborhood.

#13 OFFLINE   Dlcorbett

Dlcorbett

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 166 posts
  • Joined 28-August 13

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:19 PM

Yea my wife disnt want the max either, wish we did though. Shell be fine, i think shell actually be surprised at how snall and tidy it feels, if going off how the 15+ models is any indication of.

#14 OFFLINE   tbone

tbone

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Raptor Supercrew

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:30 AM

My wife drives a Infiniti QX 80 and has no issues with it. She came from an Explorer Sport but she has also driven an Expedition previously. I think your wife will be pleasantly surprised by the driving dynamics of the Expedition. The previous generation Expedition drove very well for a big vehicle.

#15 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 25,967 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:33 AM

Parking will take some getting used to but that should only take a few weeks.

#16 OFFLINE   theoldwizard

theoldwizard

Retired

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,190 posts
  • Joined 06-February 03
  • Current Vehicle:'98 E150

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:41 AM

The formula for X plan price is invoice minus (invoice * 0.4%) + $275.   Once you get over $60K the 0.4% cancels out the $275 admin fee so it's very close to actual invoice.  On cheaper vehicles it's anywhere from $100-$200 above invoice.

Is there an actual formula for A/Z plan ?  From what i remember, the discount was different on different models.

#17 OFFLINE   theoldwizard

theoldwizard

Retired

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,190 posts
  • Joined 06-February 03
  • Current Vehicle:'98 E150

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:50 AM

Last I checked, they still did not have the 2018 Expedition online pricing/configuration guide running.  Odd because the 2018 Navigator has bee up for a couple of weeks now.

#18 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 25,967 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:52 AM

Is there an actual formula for A/Z plan ?  From what i remember, the discount was different on different models.

I've never seen the formula published so there may not be one.   But it's normally around 4% below invoice.

#19 OFFLINE   MiddKid

MiddKid

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 12-June 17
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Considering a 2018 Expedition

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:00 PM

Random question...while we wait for the production vehicles to reach dealerships, does Ford ever send out pre-production vehicles for test drives?  I'm just trying to understand if there is any way that I actually see one of these in the wild before the one we order actually arrives!  

#20 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 25,967 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:33 PM

Yes they do.   Check with your local dealer - I don't think they advertise them.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·